Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just realized one of my daughters brought this home from her 3rd grade class for info about a field trip a couple days ago…heck of a sign if I do say so myself. He’s even getting chaperoned around campus and getting paid money.

IMG_3747.jpeg

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

He says he played basketball at a high level. He didn't like Beard because his dad did similar things to his mom. He has a daughter who plays or played soccer at a high level. Guessing age was between 40-50's

OMG, tyme/nwg is Scott Dolson.  :)  

14 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Just realized one of my daughters brought this home from her 3rd grade class for info about a field trip a couple days ago…heck of a sign if I do say so myself. He’s even getting chaperoned around campus and getting paid money.

IMG_3747.jpeg

so he is still on campus :)

4 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

The best place for breakfast…IMO…

The BtownBanners Coffee Geekery thread says differently.

I just inhaled a double shot at Soma off Kirkwood. Gotta caffeinate for the football game tonight!  :)

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The BtownBanners Coffee Geekery thread says differently.

I just inhaled a double shot at Soma off Kirkwood. Gotta caffeinate for the football game tonight!  :)

Crumble, Inkwell, Needmore (Sparrow), Soma...in that order for me if just getting coffee.  

Two Stick's coffee and treats are also hard to beat...their pecan bars, and hand pies (pizza, samosa) are umm...delicious. Kids love their cinnamon roles, and literally anything else they bake is spot on. Man I miss that place. 

13 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

as I said, IMO....lol

The Biscuits and Gravy with Seasoned Potatoes is A1. 

But is the gravy made with spicy sausage? Most restaurant sausage gravy seems very bland to me so I avoid it and just make it at home. Usually go with a skillet or omelette when dinning out. 

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

IMG_3747.jpeg

I had a student last class whose name is Conner......unfortunately I had to use his name several times for negative reasons.....Conner stop touching the equipment...Conner, I told you once already.....Conner go sit by the wall.....Conner gets back in...Conner hands to yourself....Conner, you know what, just go sit in the chair for the rest of class....

Not sure if that is positive or negative lol

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Ok, so old guy yelling at clouds now and also someone that handed a former player in the late 90's a vodka bottle at my apartment the night after they beat Kentucky (IIRC), our recruiting visits are a little more "bar centric" than I would want if I was the staff.

I know the guys go out and do stuff and have some fun and they can't be basketball and school 100% all the time, but....I don't know, just seems like not the type of message I want to send out to attract real winners.  That's just me and I know I am going to get raked over the coals because college kids should have fun and all that.  And I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I would worry that the bait I am using isn't catching the exact fish I want.

I don't think it's a big deal. I've been through the recruiting process for work a few times. Pretty similar process to us bringing in players. They put you up in a nice hotel, get the serious stuff and interviews done during the day, and then take you out to a nice dinner. People typically have a drink or two at the dinner.

I think a recruit going to the Bluebird on a recruiting visit is basically the college kid equivalent of me having a drink at Ruth's Chris.