Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I have not, I was just pointing to why people think he will start. Kansas, Duke, Illinois, Louisville, MSU, and a half dozen others offered him so I will assume their talent evaluators have watched him play extensively and thought enough to offer.

I am not saying I even necessarily disagree with your position, just logically, it is hard to see a scenario where he was told "we are going to recruit a bunch of older portal dudes that play your position but we will give you a bunch of money and maybe you can earn starting minutes."

It isn't a wild premise to assume he is starting/getting starter minutes from day 1 after committing to team that cannot currently field a full roster when he is the entire recruiting class.  

If Tucker starts, IU is in trouble. This class is really weak. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Assuming we pick up Rice today, I think we've got 4 starters now.

Rice

Tucker 

Mgbako 

Reneau

Those last 3 are 100% starting. No way is Tucker coming here if he isn't. 

Did you see IU's backcourt last year? It was one of the worst in division 1. 

If Rice comes to IU, and a big IF, he starts next year. I think out of those 4, the three locks in that list are MM, MR, and Rice. 

I do think that Tucker was probably given some kind of, "Kid, you are great, no way you aren't good enough to start next year" kind of speech to get him to come to IU though.

Edited by Silat Player

58 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Assuming we pick up Rice today, I think we've got 4 starters now.

Rice

Tucker 

Mgbako 

Reneau

Those last 3 are 100% starting. No way is Tucker coming here if he isn't. 

If IU gets 2 of Hickman, Rice, or Carlyle….they better get more mins than Tucker.

3 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

If Tucker starts, IU is in trouble. This class is really weak. 

I’ve heard the weak class argument so many times over the years. And those weak classes still produce quality college players. I’ve learned that a weak class mostly means from a professional standpoint which has little to no bearing on the college game. 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

That is not a Stromboli. 

lol, that looks like a footlong BBQ cut up with pickles...

still looks yummy.

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I’ve heard the weak class argument so many times over the years. And those weak classes still produce quality college players. I’ve learned that a weak class mostly means from a professional standpoint which has little to no bearing on the college game. 

Lol I haven't even heard this is a weak class. I know the prior one everyone was saying was one of the worst ever but this one has some studs I feel like. 

8 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I have not, I was just pointing to why people think he will start. Kansas, Duke, Illinois, Louisville, MSU, and a half dozen others offered him so I will assume their talent evaluators have watched him play extensively and thought enough to offer.

I am not saying I even necessarily disagree with your position, just logically, it is hard to see a scenario where he was told "we are going to recruit a bunch of older portal dudes that play your position but we will give you a bunch of money and maybe you can earn starting minutes."

It isn't a wild premise to assume he is starting/getting starter minutes from day 1 after committing to team that cannot currently field a full roster when he is the entire recruiting class.  

I don't think we are going to recruit a lot of portal players that play his position, we haven't really shown to be doing that. But there are two already on the roster that play his spot. One is 4.5 years older than he is with 66 career starts under his belt, and another has a chance to be a first-round draft pick. 

Respectfully, this convo sounds a lot like the one we heard that MM was GONE after this year. And then reality struck. 

I think it's a wild premise to 100%, not my words, think Tucker will start. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

MM was a lottery pick when he committed to IU this time last year. And it took him 3/4 of the year to not be a liability on the court. Tucker isn’t mentioned in any draft for any year and is a 180lbs 18 year old that can’t shoot the 3 and isn’t know to be a rebounder. What exactly are you expecting from him? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I believe TG starts before Tucker. I don't see that MM, MR, and Tucker can play long stretches together, at least at the beginning of the season. You'd have be crazy dynamic at the 1+2 to make that work. 

Or to put it another: subbing in a freshman for Galloway in the starting lineup will be a step backwards. So even if it is promised it isn’t good. 

The only thing I can think of is Woody is going to do what he promised last year: start 4 perimeters. PG, Galloway, Tucker, Mbako, Reneau.  Our PG recruit better be able to defend in that scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Lol I haven't even heard this is a weak class. I know the prior one everyone was saying was one of the worst ever but this one has some studs I feel like. 

Check out the mock 2025 drafts. Things could change, but this class is a long way from strong.

5 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

MM was a lottery pick when he committed to IU this time last year. And it took him 3/4 of the year to not be a liability on the court. Tucker isn’t mentioned in any draft for any year and is a 180lbs 18 year old that can’t shoot the 3 and isn’t know to be a rebounder. What exactly are you expecting from him? 

I don’t have any expectations for him other than being an athlete with good length. He won’t average more than 10 ppg. But can he rebound and defend.