Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I don't care about all the excuses, at the end of the day he's still the AD and in charge of hiring or firing coaches. He hired Woodson and probably isn't firing him.

He is also responsible for the terrible extensions/raises for both Tom Allen and Woodson.

Bring in a real AD who actually knows what he's doing and how to evaluate potential coaches. All Dolson knows is fund raising. 

When Woodson finally gets fired, Dolson should be shown the door along side him.

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I don't care about all the excuses, at the end of the day he's still the AD and in charge of hiring or firing coaches. He hired Woodson and probably isn't firing him.

He is also responsible for the terrible extensions/raises for both Tom Allen and Woodson.

Bring in a real AD who actually knows what he's doing and how to evaluate potential coaches. All Dolson knows is fund raising. 

When Woodson finally gets fired, Dolson should be shown the door along side him.

While you may question the extension/raise, it is understood it changed the payment terms of the buyout -  allowing IU to spread the buyout over 12 years at $1 mil.  That's a rounding error and makes Woodson's eventual release that much easier.    

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

While you may question the extension/raise, it is understood it changed the payment terms of the buyout -  allowing IU to spread the buyout over 12 years at $1 mil.  That's a rounding error and makes Woodson's eventual release that much easier.    

Moot if they don't fire him.

Not a question of If, but when.  
He will eventually have to be fired he will not leave on his own unless he has health issues. The question is how long will the $ people keep funding a losing coach. It appears the $ people determine when he will leave. It really is blue chips.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

There is more to the IU Athletic Department than just basketball. 
Coach Cig is thought to be a strong hire.

He has done enough to keep Moren from looking for greener pastures with all the success she’s had.

The baseball program has been ranked.

Many of the Olympic sports programs have done extremely well.

I agree, he’s going to have to nail the next basketball hire, but when looked at in totality, he’s got IU athletics performing well.

5 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

He has done enough to keep Moren from looking for greener pastures with all the success she’s had.

I agree, he’s going to have to mail the next basketball hire, but when looked at in totality, he’s got IU athletics performing well.

Then he has to move now.  May not be possible next year.  It doesn't look like the pool of available coaches will be nearly as good.

18 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I agree, he’s going to have to mail the next basketball hire, but when looked at in totality, he’s got IU athletics performing well.

Cig is the only significant hire Dolson's made and he hasn't coached a game yet so how good of a hire it is is still in question.

Sports IU is good at, their coaches, and hire date:

Baseball: Jeff Mercer, 2018 (not Dolson)

Swimming: Ray Looze, 2002 (not Dolson)

Soccer: Todd Yeagley, 2010 (not Dolson)

Women's Basketball: Teri Moren, 2014 (not Dolson)

So for those other sports, it is more that he hasn't done anything to hinder them rather than making them good. He certainly isn't responsible for the coaching hires.

30 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Cig is the only significant hire Dolson's made and he hasn't coached a game yet so how good of a hire it is is still in question.

Sports IU is good at, their coaches, and hire date:

Baseball: Jeff Mercer, 2018 (not Dolson)

Swimming: Ray Looze, 2002 (not Dolson)

Soccer: Todd Yeagley, 2010 (not Dolson)

Women's Basketball: Teri Moren, 2014 (not Dolson)

So for those other sports, it is more that he hasn't done anything to hinder them rather than making them good. He certainly isn't responsible for the coaching hires.

More than not hindering. He has to keep them in place.

I get it. You lump Woodson and Dolsen together .

I will let things play out with Cig and see what Dolsen does with Woodson before passing judgment.

I would think he would want his legacy to include getting IU basketball on the right track again as he was a basketball manager. I can’t imagine he wants his legacy tied with Woodson.
But it looks like it's going to be cause next year with be downright toxic.

17 hours ago, Hornsby said:

He will eventually have to be fired he will not leave on his own unless he has health issues. The question is how long will the $ people keep funding a losing coach. It appears the $ people determine when he will leave. It really is blue chips.

The Cooks and the Simons have lots of money. This nightmare could go on for years.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And that's why firing Scott Dolson isn't the answer to the underlying problem.  The next guy would have the same issues to deal with as Dolson does.  In effect, our basketball program is being held hostage by the $$ and when big donors are referenced, these 2 families are likely the 2 largest or at the very least in the top 5.

Hopefully since Cuban is no longer an NBA owner he'll start to get more involved in the basketball teams. He has a ton of money, too, and actually knows basketball. I can't imagine he's enjoying Woodson as the coach.

And that's why firing Scott Dolson isn't the answer to the underlying problem.  The next guy would have the same issues to deal with as Dolson does.  In effect, our basketball program is being held hostage by the $$ and when big donors are referenced, these 2 families are likely the 2 largest or at the very least in the top 5.
Everything from blue chips is coming true. The program is controlled by the happens of the world. I guess we all just need to chill.

It’s convenient as the AD if you have the BOT or big donors to point to why you’re not good at your job. Just imagine if the money being pumped into the athletic department was used by competent people. Just like our basketball program we’re showing the ability to do less with more.

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It’s convenient as the AD if you have the BOT or big donors to point to why you’re not good at your job. Just imagine if the money being pumped into the athletic department was used by competent people. Just like our basketball program we’re showing the ability to do less with more.

At the same time, we have kathywithac saying that Dolson is incompetent and it's the board's fault.  Neither accepting blame and just pointing fingers.

Just clean house entirely and start over with nobody that has pre-existing associations with IU athletics. 

Don't think Dolson has done too bad of a job outside of basketball, but that's the big one... 

If he can't influence the stakeholders he needs to win over to get what needs doing done, tenure is on borrowed time anyway. 

This is the lowest point in my IU sports fandom, in quite a while anyway. 

I wish our donors wanted to win as much as Happy did.
I know they would rather just hang out with nba legend in his own mind mike woodson.