Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 3/17/2024 at 11:41 AM, go iu bb said:

Hopefully since Cuban is no longer an NBA owner he'll start to get more involved in the basketball teams. He has a ton of money, too, and actually knows basketball. I can't imagine he's enjoying Woodson as the coach.

He's still an owner just not the majority owner anymore. At least that's the impression I was under. Not sure how that changes donations and what not.

1 minute ago, rcbowla said:

He's still an owner just not the majority owner anymore. At least that's the impression I was under. Not sure how that changes donations and what not.

It probably doesn't change anything. Bummer.

12 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I think I saw this week that Cuban was part of one of the NIL organizations.

I believe he was here for the Hoosiers Connect event. But it could have been the Hoosiers for Good. 

Just saw on Peegs that Eric said Dolson has agreed to come on his podcast for a sit down. Eric said if probably won’t be until April after the NCAA tourney.

Let’s look ahead.
1) Does Dolson actually show up (Eric said “no way” when a posted asked.

2) Will there be any questions about Woody and Dolson’s thoughts

3) Setting the over/under at hard non-blow hard questions? 1.5? What you taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, cleeter said:

Just saw on Peegs that Eric said Dolson has agreed to come on his podcast for a sit down. Eric said if probably won’t be until April after the NCAA tourney.

Let’s look ahead.

3) Setting the over/under at hard non-blow hard questions? 1.5? What you taking.

Eric might send him the questions beforehand but he will have them from somebody. Maybe not the exact questions but close to it.

It will be softball questions and handled with kid gloves for sure. 

Or maybe there will be a new coach by April and that is why he agreed to come on

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Eric might send him the questions beforehand but he will have them from somebody. Maybe not the exact questions but close to it.

Or maybe there will be a new coach by April and that is why he agreed to come on

Agreed (except on that last line haha). 
They will be total softball/t-ball questions. Nothing hard or definitive. 
And i think they are waiting till April, in hopes of getting a portal player or two in hopes they have positive momentum 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There you go again, raising our hopes.:D 

11 hours ago, cleeter said:

Let’s look ahead.

The 'toughest' question will be about fan sentiment and Dolson will say that IU Athletics appreciates all fans and having a passionate fan base towards basketball in particular is what makes IU so unique, yadda yadda. A way to distance themselves from the 'true fan' crap without directly facing the elephant in the room.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 6:38 PM, steubenhoosier said:

More than not hindering. He has to keep them in place.

I get it. You lump Woodson and Dolsen together .

I will let things play out with Cig and see what Dolsen does with Woodson before passing judgment.

I don't think HE is lumping Dolsen and Woodson together. I think it's fair for EVERYONE to lump Woodson and Dolsen together. 

Dolsen's two major hires are Cig and Woodsen. Cig hasn't coached a single game yet, so no real track record there yet, and Woodsen has been a disaster. LOL

Edited by Silat Player

4 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

The 'toughest' question will be about fan sentiment and Dolson will say that IU Athletics appreciates all fans and having a passionate fan base towards basketball in particular is what makes IU so unique, yadda yadda. A way to distance themselves from the 'true fan' crap without directly facing the elephant in the room.

Every "tough" question will be pre-submitted and will be answered with "I understand why that is a concern ... blahblahblahblah"

That's about all that Eric and about the only thing that Dolson can say. 

I think Woody was shoved down Scott’s throat!  Woody shouldn’t be back next year and for that matter shouldn’t have been here in the first place. Just let Dobson do his job.  Quit the damn BOT politic BS.  Yeah I’m pissed off.  Wasted time.  NOTHING will change next year except his bank balance and only that if he’s smarter than I think.  

7 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This was my initial hope. I'm clinging to anything at this point. I hate facing the inevitable. 

Dolson's career should now be riding on the failure or success of Mike Woodson.  Regardless of how Cignetti pans out.  IU is running the basketball team like a professional franchise.  A good professional franchise would move on from a mediocre coach when a better option is available.  The NBA does it all the time. Just last fall, the Cubs moved on from a well-liked David Ross when a better manager was available.  The fact that IU is sticking with Woodson is a failure by Dolson and Dolson's career should be determined by Woodson's success or failure.  

6 hours ago, JF87 said:

Dolson's career should now be riding on the failure or success of Mike Woodson.  Regardless of how Cignetti pans out.  IU is running the basketball team like a professional franchise.  A good professional franchise would move on from a mediocre coach when a better option is available.  The NBA does it all the time. Just last fall, the Cubs moved on from a well-liked David Ross when a better manager was available.  The fact that IU is sticking with Woodson is a failure by Dolson and Dolson's career should be determined by Woodson's success or failure.  

They're running IU like a good old boys club.

5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

They're running IU like a good old boys club.

I'd be willing to see the number of women in high positions we have probably not many like a lot of high profile companies.

At this point, it looks like Dolson doesn't give s**t about the fans. Can't even be bothered to release an official  statement in support of Woodson. He must just figure the fans will be there regardless.

Opposing coaches will use this lack of support against him in recruiting, even in the portal.

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

At this point, it looks like Dolson doesn't give s**t about the fans. Can't even be bothered to release an official  statement in support of Woodson. He must just figure the fans will be there regardless.

Opposing coaches will use this lack of support against him in recruiting, even in the portal.

I'm gonna do my part to open his eyes about this.