Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Oh ****. Can you even imagine the UK train wreck if Calipari stays? It would be magical.

Trilly said that his very plugged in UK sources are saying either Cal goes to Arkansas or that UK fires him without pay for breach of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Trilly said that his very plugged in UK sources are saying either Cal goes to Arkansas or that UK fires him without pay for breach of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the breach of contract? Sounds like a big ol lawsuit and a settlement for $15 million for him to go away if that happens.

And the ensuing delays and chaos!

How delicious.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

What is the breach of contract? Sounds like a big ol lawsuit and a settlement for $15 million for him to go away if that happens.

And the ensuing delays and chaos!

How delicious.

He didn’t notify UK that he was talking to Arkansas and under his contract, he is required to notify them for any coaching changes 

7 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

Fun fact... they fired him when he was an assistant back in 2001. And as a SHU guy, he will never end up at RU so don't worry. Now, if Shaheen ever went elsewhere and Hurley was ready to transition into the cushy semi-retirement phase of his career... that could be a possibility IMO

Who didn’t get fired from Rutgers in the early 2000’s? Lol it was mostly a joke, I don’t ever think he ends up there or leaves UConn tbh. When he shouted out Jersey City though I shuttered at the thought 

Let's assume Cal backs out.  Does UK fire Calipari for cause since he didn't properly notify them he was talking with Arkansas or does UK let Cal return because they don't see a viable alternative out there right now?  

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Let's assume Cal backs out.  Does UK fire Calipari for cause since he didn't properly notify them he was talking with Arkansas or does UK let Cal return because they don't see a viable alternative out there right now?  

Listened to Matt Jones who is the radio voice of UK on the way into work today.

Cal and the AD do not like each other, and there is no way that Barnhart would welcome him back.

In saying that, he said that if something is not announced today, then the red flags go up on this story.

If Cal is gone, in order he said that they should; 1) throw tons of money at Jay Wright and make him say no. If he does , then 2) throw tons of money at Hurley and make him say no. If he does, then 3) Oates and 4) Scott Drew, in that order. He said it should not go farther down any list than that, and that if he were betting, he'd bet it will be Drew.

Take it for what it's worth. 

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

You have to let him go.  Recruiting is over for a coach that has interest in leaving.

The only worry from Kentucky's side is that Cal knows all the skeletons in the closet

31 minutes ago, JF87 said:

My understanding is that Calipari has a duty to notify UK before he accepts another job, not a duty to notify just because he has heard or is considering offers. Obviously, the devil is in the fine details of the contract.

If they fire him and he has not violated that duty? They would owe him the $33 million buyout. If they fire him based on a lack of notification that is open for interpretation? I'd expect a lawsuit because no one would walk away from a potential $33 million payout.

He's gone. Players transferring and recruits opening up their recruitments is a pretty good tell. I think the delay is on Arkansas end getting the deal approved and then we will see a press conference scheduled. 

For those tracking flights. I just saw on X, a KY account showing a private plane from Chicago go Lexington this morning.  LOL ... that doesn't happen in the middle of an NBA season does it, whether you are in or out of the Playoffs running?