Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but has this ship completely sailed? It seems the recruiting fire has been ignited to some degree. Doesn't appear there's been any movement with McNeeley yet. Is there any chance the message can be flipped, show who we're in on in the portal and how that will change our offense, and that we have a fresh stockpile of cash with his name on it?

5 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but has this ship completely sailed? It seems the recruiting fire has been ignited to some degree. Doesn't appear there's been any movement with McNeeley yet. Is there any chance the message can be flipped, show who we're in on in the portal and how that will change our offense, and that we have a fresh stockpile of cash with his name on it?

He's gone.

11 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

f8ac21e55ee2b3f8b3e1bd88a23cafa1.jpg

18 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I think the chances of still landing Liam were zero prior to today.

Due to landing Tucker today our chances are probably now less than zero.

28 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Who is better: Liam or Tucker?

For the system that Woodson has run the last 3 years and we'll probably see again next year, I think Tucker is a better fit. Liam will really thrive in a system that works to create 3-point shots. Basically, the opposite of IU.

Paul Biancardi @PaulBiancardi

"I personally reached out to Indiana, spoke with Coach Mike Woodson and had a direct conversation with him," McNeeley told ESPN. “I expressed my utmost respect for Coach Woodson, Indiana University and their devoted fan base."

McNeeley also offered some insight into how he plans to approach the next few weeks. "Moving forward, I have had contact with several schools, including Kentucky, UConn, Kansas, Houston and many others," he said. "New Michigan head coach Dusty May said I was his first recruiting call. That was special.”

“Right now, my primary focus is preparing and practicing for the upcoming McDonald's game and Chipotle Nationals. I am going to hold off any college visits until those basketball events have concluded."

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"I personally reached out to Indiana, spoke with Coach Mike Woodson and had a direct conversation with him," McNeeley told ESPN. “I expressed my utmost respect for Coach Woodson, Indiana University and their devoted fan base."

McNeeley also offered some insight into how he plans to approach the next few weeks. "Moving forward, I have had contact with several schools, including Kentucky, UConn, Kansas, Houston and many others," he said. "New Michigan head coach Dusty May said I was his first recruiting call. That was special.”

“Right now, my primary focus is preparing and practicing for the upcoming McDonald's game and Chipotle Nationals. I am going to hold off any college visits until those basketball events have concluded."

Michigan would make no sense based on desire to be on a winner.  UConn however would make a TON of sense. Even Houston if staying near home is a preference.  Kansas I guess if the Slime of Self isn’t detected. 

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow, a commitment to Michigan would be a groin shot on so many levels.

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Wow, a commitment to Michigan would be a groin shot on so many levels.

On that list, Indiana, Kentucky, U Conn, and Kansas are all adidas schools.  Always seemed like Indiana and Kansas were in the lead for his services before, so I am assuming he stays with an adidas school (and would be surprised if it isn't Kansas).

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

On that list, Indiana, Kentucky, U Conn, and Kansas are all adidas schools.  Always seemed like Indiana and Kansas were in the lead for his services before, so I am assuming he stays with an adidas school (and would be surprised if it isn't Kansas).

I imagine you’re right. Technically they don’t have an open scholly until either someone transfers or, inevitably, Furphy declares for the draft.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Kentucky is Nike.  UConn Nike too?  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kentucky is Nike.  UConn Nike too?  

Sorry, you are correct.  Kentucky and U Conn are both Nike.  U Conn has a female bball player who has signed with adidas so I thought they were adidas, but she's Canadian -- can only do adidas ads in Canada and not the US.