Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I think another reason people are upset is that they looked at the roster for this season and thought we were going to contend in the Big 10, which was never a realistic view. Im keeping up with the conversation just fine, by the way. Taking a different view of the dialogue doesn’t mean I don’t understand it. I’m just trying to provide you with a perspective from how this is viewed from within the University as opposed to how it might be viewed by some fans. As for the notion of votes and consensus leading to unilateral decision making, I think you’re going to believe whatever fits your narrative, regardless of whether there’s any validity to it (there isn’t).

The mission statement is to contend for B1G ten titles. 

NIL is at the disposal to build a roster capable of that.

The staff/administration failed AND lied then based on your rationale.

Now we basically have the same scenario entering this next season.  Need 3 impact transfers and likely 6-7 overall.  Should we trust the staff to actually build a roster they think will contend?  Or will it all be lies again to deceive the fanbase?  Which is it?

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

That is quite the tap dance Cathy! :) 

As for your last sentence... okay thank you for sharing your perspective. Have a wonderful day

I was being straightforward, to be perfectly honest. You’re unhappy because IU hasn’t fired Woody. Nothing I say will change that until you get the outcome you think is appropriate here. Futilely, I was trying to explain to you the “how” and, to a lesser extent, the “why”. Short of firing MW, none of that matters to you, which I get. In short, people at IU don’t agree with your assessment. Further, they don’t make decisions the way you wish they would. It happens.

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

I was being straightforward, to be perfectly honest. You’re unhappy because IU hasn’t fired Woody. Nothing I say will change that until you get the outcome you think is appropriate here. Futilely, I was trying to explain to you the “how” and, to a lesser extent, the “why”. Short of firing MW, none of that matters to you, which I get. In short, people at IU don’t agree with your assessment. Further, they don’t make decisions the way you wish they would. It happens.

Whatever you say Cathy. You know everything... even my own thoughts... better than me :92:

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The mission statement is to contend for B1G ten titles. 

NIL is at the disposal to build a roster capable of that.

The staff/administration failed AND lied then based on your rationale.

Now we basically have the same scenario entering this next season.  Need 3 impact transfers and likely 6-7 overall.  Should we trust the staff to actually build a roster they think will contend?  Or will it all be lies again to deceive the fanbase?  Which is it?

Lol - now they’re liars! By your logic, they’ve been lying every season for the last couple of decades. 

How did you think we’d do this year?

5 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I'll give that one a try:

• The non-conference performance was underwhelming  -
    • Squeakers over bad teams 
    • Blown out by good teams
    • Upside? No upset losses.
  • When we were 6-10 in conference, we were way, way underperforming vis-a-vis expectations. 
  • Now? 6th in conference at 10-10 is exactly at expectations. Not terrible; not great.

Overall? About B-minus/C+ territory. 

5 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Lol - now they’re liars! By your logic, they’ve been lying every season for the last couple of decades. 

I thought we might be around 15-40th best team if everything clicked.

But I'm not on the staff/administration that is tasked with building a team that fulfills its promises to the fanbase.  I knew our guards weren't good enough better than apparently anyone on the staff. 

The goal when you have top 10 resources is to be around a top 10 team.  Everyone realizes that doesn't always happen.  But top 10 resources should NEVER have the 90th best team.  And probably should never miss the tournament if they had the right coach.  

10 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

So do they think he deserves an extension? He only has a couple of years left on his contract and recruits are going to want to know if he's going to be here for their 4 years before committing.

19 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I think another reason people are upset is that they looked at the roster for this season and thought we were going to contend in the Big 10, which was never a realistic view. Im keeping up with the conversation just fine, by the way. Taking a different view of the dialogue doesn’t mean I don’t understand it. I’m just trying to provide you with a perspective from how this is viewed from within the University as opposed to how it might be viewed by some fans. As for the notion of votes and consensus leading to unilateral decision making, I think you’re going to believe whatever fits your narrative, regardless of whether there’s any validity to it (there isn’t).

So let me get this straight.  Guy comes in and says "I'm here to win Big Ten Championships."  And 3 years later it is unrealistic that we would contend in the Big 10.  Yet everyone thinks everything is fine and we should stay the course.  This is so freaking crazy.  Sorry guys, IU is being run by morons.  

8 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

This was a quote from Media day.  "Woodson is laser-focused on his goals: Big Ten and national titles. He lamented falling short in his first pair of seasons, and knows he’ll need more from his group to reach the pinnacle."

So, beginning of the year Woody lamented falling short in years 1 and 2.  

His goals are to win Big Ten and National titles.

My, I would argue our, expectations are the same as his - to win Big Ten and National titles.  If the staff builds a team that is not capable of doing this after the 3rd year and we have no recruits lined up for next year then it is completely fair to conclude that Mike Woodson is not capable of meeting his goals.  The fans are not responsible for building the team (outside of our money into the NIL and corporate sponsorships) but we are reasonable to expect the results promised by the coach.  

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I thought we might be around 15-40th best team if everything clicked.

But I'm not on the staff/administration that is tasked with building a team that fulfills its promises to the fanbase.  I knew our guards weren't good enough better than apparently anyone on the staff. 

The goal when you have top 10 resources is to be around a top 10 team.  Everyone realizes that doesn't always happen.  But top 10 resources should NEVER have the 90th best team.  And probably should never miss the tournament if they had the right coach.  

I was much closer to 40 than 15 because, like you, I never thought our guards were good enough to move us up. Poor backcourt recruiting last year and the year before put us where we are today.

KathyC, so you are ok with the fact that after 3 years we are at a place of underachieving with recruits leaving and no current recruits on board?  Woody said himself he was here to win championships and it is time to put up or shut up.  He needs to be held accountable to his own standard that he set when he arrived on campus.  

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So do they think he deserves an extension? He only has a couple of years left on his contract and recruits are going to want to know if he's going to be here for their 4 years before committing.

I don’t think an extension is contemplated in any way. Look, I’m sure some people have flipped ahead to next season and are wondering what happens if we’re in a similar spot this time next year. If we are, Woody will leave, one way or the other, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

So let me get this straight.  Guy comes in and says "I'm here to win Big Ten Championships."  And 3 years later it is unrealistic that we would contend in the Big 10.  Yet everyone thinks everything is fine and we should stay the course.  This is so freaking crazy.  Sorry guys, IU is being run by morons.  

Everyone thinks everything is fine? Who said that? Not firing him means everyone thinks everything is fine?