Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier2014

Positive Thread only

There’s plenty of threads with non stop negativity so let’s keep this thread positive only (life is short, let’s try not to be miserable). 

I’ll start. Queen commits and Mgbako returns. Need 3 portal guards and we’re right there. 

PG - portal (Tony Perkins, Bruce Thornton, or Malik Mack)

SG - portal/Galloway 

Wing - McNeely

PF - Mgbako

C - Malik

Bench: Queen, Cupps, knockdown shooter, Newton, Sparks. If none of Leal, Banks, or Gunn return get 1 freshman guard and a backup wing. 

10 hours ago, Hoosier2014 said:

There’s plenty of threads with non stop negativity so let’s keep this thread positive only (life is short, let’s try not to be miserable). 

I’ll start. Queen commits and Mgbako returns. Need 3 portal guards and we’re right there. 

PG - portal (Tony Perkins, Bruce Thornton, or Malik Mack)

SG - portal/Galloway 

Wing - McNeely

PF - Mgbako

C - Malik

Bench: Queen, Cupps, knockdown shooter, Newton, Sparks. If none of Leal, Banks, or Gunn return get 1 freshman guard and a backup wing. 

I don't think any of those PG are in the portal yet. I doubt Banks will be back since he isn't even getting mop up minutes in blowouts. I would think Gunn is probably 50/50 if he stays. I also believe if we get Queen he probably will start

I have come to terms with the fact that woody will be here another year, so I agree it is time to look to the offseason with some hope as we do have a chance to have a more talented roster (if some pieces come back.)

Although, the first time rabby or trilly say that we are going after a Jalen Deloach/Anthony Walker type, I am going to lose my mind. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I agree we need some portal guards.

We're looking at playing Mgbako at the 4 for the last 6-7 games so hopefully that is a plus and we continue that next year with Liam at the 3, Reneau or Queen at the 5, the other will still play a lot of minutes because of Reneau and Mgbako foul a lot.

I keep hearing that the staff has much better connections to guards this time. Not sure what that means but hopefully it is a good thing. 

So here is to some positive news

In order for this to happen either Ware or Reneau doesn't start?  I have a hard time seeing this.  unfortunately they are our 3 most impactful players.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

In order for this to happen either Ware or Reneau doesn't start?  I have a hard time seeing this.  unfortunately they are our 3 most impactful players.

You are probably correct won't happen till foul trouble if at all

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree we need some portal guards.

We're looking at playing Mgbako at the 4 for the last 6-7 games so hopefully that is a plus and we continue that next year with Liam at the 3, Reneau or Queen at the 5, the other will still play a lot of minutes because of Reneau and Mgbako foul a lot.

I keep hearing that the staff has much better connections to guards this time. Not sure what that means but hopefully it is a good thing. 

So here is to some positive news

I am not sure what this solves, with this crew..... 

I guess MM's camps tune has changed a bit about him going pro? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I am not sure what this solves, with this crew..... 

I guess MM's camps tune has changed a bit about him going pro? 

I don't know just saw how we played this way in the last 5 minutes of the NW game. Then heard Woody say that is something they are going to explore more for the rest of the season. 

42 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Love a positive thread, it was getting a little grueling to be here! My wife is a pastor, and constantly reminds me that just the fact that I'm able to get up in the morning and function is a positive. I have so many positives in my life that I feel overwhelmed at times. Plus, I've really been trying to look at potential bad things with a positive spin. My daughter was ran off the road this morning on her way to work. Luckily, she remembered what we'd taught her about how to handle the situation, and came out unscathed (car was fine too!). So, instead of focusing on the "what could've happened", I'm choosing to look at the "what did happen".  Thanks for starting this thread, much needed!

Glad to hear your daughter is safe and all's good - you taught her well!