Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

And because those coaches were awful but Woodson is meh? You become ok with that? You keep pushing until you get it right.  The goal is championships not “yay we made the dance or yes we made it to the sweet sixteen” . Again recalibrate your goals. Forget the guy and just be honest with yourself…….. he’s not the guy.  

That’s your opinion. I’m willing to see how this year plays out with a top 10 roster. 

Comparing RMK with Woodson…. Wow.  Maybe you should apply for the athletics job because you seem to have a high opinion what in reality is very &^* coaching . 
Coach Mike Woodson's .612 winning percent. Third best in 59 years at IU. Wow.

Only the truth dude, only the truth.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Schreckbagger said:

Hang the banner!

EDIT: This is a dreadful statistic. Not evidence of success or building momentum...

"Just win" ... we can all agree on that. Let's see it. 

27 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Lmao no one gives a **** about your cherry-picked statistic. He barely beats the bottom feeders of the NCAA during the non-conference schedule, amazing! 31-29 in an incredibly mediocre Big Ten. 

That tells you has bad the program is. The only two with higher winning percentages were a legend that was a “catch lightning in a bottle” hire (RMK) and a guy who broke a stupid inconsequential rule that cause the administration to fall on its sword (Sampson). Mediocre Mike got third place by default.

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Comparing RMK with Woodson…. Wow.  Maybe you should apply for the athletics job because you seem to have a high opinion what in reality is very &^* coaching . 

“Mike Woodson acts like *** just like Bob Knight but doesn’t win like him” really isn’t the selling point they think it is, lol. 

13 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

In IU's toxic environment, being better than 9 other IU coaches actually makes sense.

IU is one of the best fanbases in the nation. Top 5 in attendance no matter the results.  Have been incredibly patient despite years of bad results.  

But we need a “uniter” at this point and what Woody pulled last season with the “True Fan” and the social media presence has divided the fanbase worse than I think I’ve seen. I’m 43.  
It wouldn’t be that hard with our resources.  Our fanbase enjoys good, fundamental basketball and can recognize it.  Hustle plays, good shooting, defense, etc.  Hopefully this is the year it looks better on the court.  

26 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Numbers don't lie, liars don't like numbers.

No but they can be misleading. In this case his competition includes the likes of Mike Davis and Archie Miller. It's more an indictment of how incompetently run IU is than anything.

Lmao no one gives a **** about your cherry-picked statistic. He barely beats the bottom feeders of the NCAA during the non-conference schedule, amazing! 31-29 in an incredibly mediocre Big Ten. 

More amazing, no one's gives a crapola about your opinions. If that Truth hurts, so be it. Numbers don't lie, cherry picked or not.

That tells you has bad the program is. The only two with higher winning percentages were a legend that was a “catch lightning in a bottle” hire (RMK) and a guy who broke a stupid inconsequential rule that cause the administration to fall on its sword (Sampson). Mediocre Mike got third place by default.
And you ain't getting another lightning in a bottle at IU. Sorry.

IU is one of the best fanbases in the nation. Top 5 in attendance no matter the results.  Have been incredibly patient despite years of bad results.  

But we need a “uniter” at this point and what Woody pulled last season with the “True Fan” and the social media presence has divided the fanbase worse than I think I’ve seen. I’m 43.  
It wouldn’t be that hard with our resources.  Our fanbase enjoys good, fundamental basketball and can recognize it.  Hustle plays, good shooting, defense, etc.  Hopefully this is the year it looks better on the court.  
43 is just reaching puberty in IU Basketball years. Obviously, you missed the RMK division and the toxicity of Pyles Brand.

Outside of McCracken and Knight, IU has been pretty bad at hiring coaches. So Woodson is better than Miller, Crean, Dakich, and Davis? That's not exactly a statement of excellence.
Well, something scares off all the excellent coaches..... hummm. Just a statement of fact.

No but they can be misleading. In this case his competition includes the likes of Mike Davis and Archie Miller. It's more an indictment of how incompetently run IU is than anything.
I can't disagree with that last statement. Someone here can actually think logically.

However, winning percent is probably the least misleading statistic of all.