Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

The symbolism of playing golf at 8am on a Sunday morning? As opposed to what? Playing phone tag with a recruit? If I was a recruit and received a call at 8am on a Sunday morning I’d tell whoever called me to lose my number on the spot. Don’t overthink this one, guy.

You have said so many false things throughout this; Woodson is contractually obligated to be at this event, no he isn’t. He cannot recruit this week, false, 8am on a Sunday when he was at the course the lions share of the day etc etc.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Even if we get out prioritized targets I’m not sure that’s a great team. That’s not an ideal scenario.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Getting Rice, Carlyle, a shooter (BH or Hickman), and a defensive 5 who can play 20-25 mpg along with Reneau, Mgbako, Tucker, and Galloway is a damn good team.

Getting Rice, Carlyle, a shooter (BH or Hickman), and a defensive 5 who can play 20-25 mpg along with Reneau, Mgbako, Tucker, and Galloway is a damn good team.

Maybe. Shooting will be a huge question mark. (Gallo, Rice, Carlyle, Tucker). Our big man won’t be a dominant one. Woody’s system. I mean, maybe it works. But is it a top 20 or 25 team even at that? Defense? Rebounding? Idk. I’m going to be skeptical until January no matter what with Woody behind it.

4 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Is it possible that he gets hit in the head by a golf ball and can’t coach anymore?

Is it possible that he gets hit in the head by a golf ball or doesnt get hit in the head with a golf ball and can coach ?

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You have said so many false things throughout this; Woodson is contractually obligated to be at this event, no he isn’t. He cannot recruit this week, false, 8am on a Sunday when he was at the course the lions share of the day etc etc.

lol

- I said it’s possible he’s contractually obligated to attend this event (he has a media and appearance clause in his contract) and even if he isn’t it’s a well attended event by many coaches from major programs.

-never said he couldn’t recruit this week, I said it’s the recruiting dead week which doesn’t confine him to Bloomington as he’s prohibited from making in-person contact with recruits. Cell phone service, email, internet connection all work throughout the continental United States if you weren’t aware.

-the account showing Woodson teeing off was posted at 11:04 which is 8:04 Phoenix time. Given that a normal round of golf takes about 4 hours, it’s more than plausible he was done by lunch which of course doesn’t come close to describing a lions share of the day

Good try though

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe. Shooting will be a huge question mark. (Gallo, Rice, Carlyle, Tucker). Our big man won’t be a dominant one. Woody’s system. I mean, maybe it works. But is it a top 20 or 25 team even at that? Defense? Rebounding? Idk. I’m going to be skeptical until January no matter what with Woody behind it.

Reneau would average close to 18 a game as the sole big on the floor. MM, BH and/or CH are all volume 3 point shooters and it’s expected that Rice and/or Carlyle would improve as shooters considering they were freshman last season. That’s typical year to year progression. It would be a vastly better roster than last season, not to mention deeper, and one that is much better constructed.

20 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

They will be young and getting to know one another clean up to February at the least. Woodson "recruiting" this way brings built in excuses for his coaching ineptitude.

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

They will be young and getting to know one another clean up to February at the least. Woodson "recruiting" this way brings built in excuses for his coaching ineptitude.

Rice will be a 22 year old RS sophomore, Hickman a 22 year old senior, Humrichous a 22 year old senior, someone like Amari Williams would be a 23 year old super senior, and then Carlyle obviously a 20 year old sophomore. Throw in Galloway, Reneau, etc and there’s nothing young about that roster.

5 hours ago, AH1971 said:

What actual work is entailed on Sunday April 7th at 8am in the morning during the weekend of the F4 during a dead week?

Why not learn how to not suck @$$ as a coach?  He needs all the time in the world for that.

Woodson has failed to land a single transfer after 3 weeks. 

Pathetic. 

Patience can be key though. Do we want any UK players or recruits that weren’t options 8 hours ago? Can’t just sign guys to sign guys. Woodson needs to build a monster. It’s the only way.

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

lol

- I said it’s possible he’s contractually obligated to attend this event (he has a media and appearance clause in his contract) and even if he isn’t it’s a well attended event by many coaches from major programs.

-never said he couldn’t recruit this week, I said it’s the recruiting dead week which doesn’t confine him to Bloomington as he’s prohibited from making in-person contact with recruits. Cell phone service, email, internet connection all work throughout the continental United States if you weren’t aware.

-the account showing Woodson teeing off was posted at 11:04 which is 8:04 Phoenix time. Given that a normal round of golf takes about 4 hours, it’s more than plausible he was done by lunch which of course doesn’t come close to describing a lions share of the day

Good try though

Best part of the internet is that what you type doesn’t go away.

8A832291-2BA0-4189-B849-7CDC0013F4A4.jpeg

6CFD51EA-EDD7-4B68-A8DD-823F36397100.jpeg

B5A8D5C9-75C6-4074-9BBF-516B754A09E8.jpeg

3 hours ago, AH1971 said:

I’m not saying Woodson has everything under control, simply responding to this narrative that Woodson is neglecting his job duties by golfing and attending a coaching convention this weekend. Nearly every coach in America is doing the same thing.

I wonder if Cal was golfing today? 

I am SO jealous of Kentucky fans right now.

Especially because they know their administration won’t screw around and hire someone unproven. They will be swinging for the fences and will pay what it takes to make it happen.

While we overpay a candidate at 4 million when we should be paying the best guy we can find 8 million.

The admin will never get it right. Always behind the 8 ball.