Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

10 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Well players used to show up to the women's game. TJD and Race (and i believe Miller) used to attend a lot of women's games. So i don't know if the players on this roster don't care or if the sentiment being passed on by the head coach is doing anything towards that. That last part is purely speculation on my part. 

That would be understandable to some degree maybe during the regular season, but during the tournament, and possibly going to the sweet 16 does not seem to be very gracious at the least. 

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This place is getting weird

You know I'm an optimist, so I'll say this:

This board is at it's best when people of different perspectives, weird-nesses, levels of knowledge, and perspectives push and pull against each other. 

It's not always pleasant or comfortable, but when that happens it helps to prevent group-think and fleshes out the entire story and possible outcomes.

12 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Really? You know this? Woodson is now the one allocating NIL amounts to players? Sounds like you’re just making this up as you go.

Look, I’m as disappointed as the next guy when it comes to the trajectory of the program and understand he’s not the guy long term. But he’s the coach next year whether we like it. Throwing out wild and unverified claims while outright disparaging him with half-truths isn’t going to solve things however. Wish there was a little more decorum.

Woodson definitely has a hand in determining NIL allocations. Whether or not he knew the status if Leal and Galloway on Friday when he spoke to the press is irrelevant. It does not mean that he didn't orchestrate the little "in your face" dog and pony" show at senior day. Maybe he didn't. I just asked the question "could it have been a set up?"

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Doesn't mean that he didn't orchestrate it all. Not saying that he did. I am just asking the question.

FWIW, i don't want to believe he would do such a thing, but nothing would surprise me with Woody. But before the live feed was over from Senior Day, i already had a text out to buddies wondering the same thing. So its not so crazy for @AZ Hoosier to think this. 

53 minutes ago, ronzo4IU said:

I don’t understand why none of the coaching staff or players would be at the girls game. It just doesn’t make any sense. Am I missing something or is there some kind of issue going on? 

Just that it's Woodson. If it's not about him, then he's not interested. And being at the women's tournament game puts an exclamation point on how much more successful Teri Moren and the woman's program is than his own. His being there would have been a classy move, but again, it wasn't about him.

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You have no idea what I’m saying so please stop. Do I know for a fact they got a huge raise yes. Do I need to explain myself to you no I don’t.

I’ll add that one doesn’t need to be clairvoyant to see that anyone who stays is getting a huge pay increase. Anyone transferring probably was urged in that direction by lack of a better offer to stay. I would not be surprised at all if what you said was true and they got doubled or tripled before announcing their returns. It’s common sense not hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Well I tend to agree with Oats, but with Malik you should probably sit him when he gets his first (exaggeration).  You know that within 60 seconds he'll pick up a 2nd bonehead foul,  and below is the look he gives "WHO ME??"

image.jpeg.92e84ae3fe3b0f7c9720cd8b2856096f.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Just that it's Woodson. If it's not about him, then he's not interested. And being at the women's tournament game puts an exclamation point on how much more successful Teri Moren and the woman's program is than his own. His being there would have been a classy move, but again, it wasn't about him.

Someone should tell Woodson that Moren did her job. I'm sure he'd love that one. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I did not hear it from Leal or Galloway. So you can change whatever you need to in my post but calling it misinformation is a little much. This place is getting weird

I'm sorry Chris.  I really do like you and we've had some good pm's in the past.  But you throw a number out there and a lot of posters are going to take that at face value and likely pass it on to others and it snowballs.  IMO throwing a specific number out without knowing it to be a fact is misinformation when others will accept it as fact.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm sorry Chris.  I really do like you and we've had some good pm's in the past.  But you throw a number out there and a lot of posters are going to take that at face value and likely pass it on to others and it snowballs.  IMO throwing a specific number out without knowing it to be a fact is misinformation when others will accept it as fact.

Hey, if it's on the internet then it must be true.  :)   

25 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

With as sensitive the culture is at these college institutions nowadays it leaves me completely flabbergasted that something like this can be going on. Not only is it not classy as you say, it’s completely childish and something you would expect from a 10-year-old

16 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Ware officially in the draft.

Wishful thinking....butttttt, his Instagram post doesn't specifically say he is entering the draft...just thanks everyone at IU, including THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD and has a nice highlight reel...maybe he will still come back?!?!?! Maybe?!?!

All kidding aside, Happy for him, glad we got him for a year. Really hope he lands with a team that will have patience and let him continue to develop. His skill set is special, and it was a joy to watch him play. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Tbf, Oat’s team plays no defense, so I’m not even sure how his guys would get two fouls to begin with. 

Oats' team played very little defense this year.  Last year, Alabama was ranked 3rd in adjusted defense in Kenpom.