Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

10 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

From his days on the Knicks I always thought he was good at development.  I just don't think he's putting the time necessary to win consistently.  

I also wonder if he has a coach that has the guts to tell him he's wrong from time to time.  

I think you're spot on. The job requires high energy and a ton of effort from the head guy. Woody isn’t that guy. This is 100% a retirement gig for him. 

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Who would you guys like to make the hire.  If it has to be within IU I would say I would like the President to do it (in this instance). I just don't have any faith in the athletic department and trustees at this point.  

I would rather a btownbanners poster make the hire than literally anyone in the IU administration. Whiten may like sports but she still has the goodey two shoes mentality that permeates the administration. 

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Who would you guys like to make the hire.  If it has to be within IU I would say I would like the President to do it (in this instance). I just don't have any faith in the athletic department and trustees at this point.  

Ideally Dolson would grow a pair and make a great hire.

The reality is that the power structure in place dictates that the BOT, lead by Buckner has the authority to hire whomever they (he) chooses... which is how we got here in the first place... and I don't see any scenario where (1) this crap-tastic experiment continues for another year or two, and (2) whoever the next hire is will have the same distorted view of who's the best candidate.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I would rather a btownbanners poster make the hire than literally anyone in the IU administration. Whiten may like sports but she still has the goodey two shoes mentality that permeates the administration. 

and she basically serves at the pleasure of Buckner as head of the BOT. The bad decisions here go all the way to the top of the pyramid. And that is not changing.

Apparently Trilly just stated that some prominent boosters are starting to get noisy. I really don't think it happens this year even though it should, but it will get interesting nonetheless.
He isn't getting fired with quinn around. He will have to quit.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

I agree. This is the reason the next hire will get botched as well. 

I’d rather Whitten handle it. She couldn’t possibly do any worse than Dolson, Glass, and Greenspan have. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’d rather Whitten handle it. She couldn’t possibly do any worse than Dolson, Glass, and Greenspan have. 

Greenspan was amazing at hires… Tracy smith, Sampson, few others, fired Davis.. built cook hall, enclosed the north end zone… just didn’t have anything in place to help safeguard from a Sampson implosion.

8 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Witten apparently told Dolson no about Pat Fitzgerald after he had a great interview. So, that helps show what bucket of coaches we’ll be choosing from…. Sorry, Beard guys. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Witten apparently told Dolson no about Pat Fitzgerald after he had a great interview. So, that helps show what bucket of coaches we’ll be choosing from…. Sorry, Beard guys. 

Same thing happened to Greenspan.  Biggest mistake both made was they didn't immediately walk.  Do a full interview with Peegs, the IndyStar, etc.  Put the administration on full blast.  They'd be out of a job within a week.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

As an AD you have to build trust with your president that you know what you’re doing and that the president has to get in line. Not sure dolson commands any respect 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Quinn and May need to step in and fix this. 

"Ok, you foxes c'mon in here and help us guard this henhouse". Nope... they need to go, as well...of course, they aren't going anywhere for the next few years.

34 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dibs.  Who wants to be my assistants

6 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Honestly what is the best case scenario for Dolson or the BoT at this point? Do they really think Woodson is the guy we should entrust the future of our program to? 

Best case scenario for them is that Woody retires voluntarily and Stevens decides he wants to coach college basketball again.