Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Seems like most of the media outlets are putting out stories with the headline of Woodson saying “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon, guys”. What seems different and off about it happening is instead of it being them trying to get fans to back off and realize they need to stop wondering if he’s gonna be gone and just support him, it feels like it’s more of a “well great, this sucks”. 

Been saying it for months... Queen is NOT coming to IU... very much concerned that Liam will decommit... so, Mike Woodson, whatcha got?

Bet you can get a deal on a U-Haul... 

I will be shocked if Liam ends up on campus. Things are falling apart at the seams. 

I’d say a near-zero chance. I’ve said all along, his family wants to win.

It will suck to lose him. One of the recruits I was most excited about of all time. But then I think Woody is utilizing him and readjust my expectations.

Anyway, this one will be tough. And I don’t know how we don’t make our move this off-season once it happens.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve seen people say we need to keep Woodson because we can’t keeping going through a cycle of hiring and firing coaches every 3-4 years. I get that…but get rid of this one, and THEN we can stop doing that ha 
Well problem solved if they quit hiring horrible coaches.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d say a near-zero chance. I’ve said all along, his family wants to win.

It will suck to lose him. One of the recruits I was most excited about of all time. But then I think Woody is utilizing him and readjust my expectations.

Anyway, this one will be tough. And I don’t know how we don’t make our move this off-season once it happens.

So, no Queen or McNeeley. Mgbako likely gone. Ware certainly gone. Banks and Gunn likely in the portal. Not even apparently out of the question that Gallo potentially goes elsewhere... even little brother. How demoralizing would that be? If we have 0 recruits and are filling 7+ roster spots and still bring Woody back, I'm personally not spending another dime on IUBB until there's a new coach, at a minimum. It would defy all logic to do this again. Put this tenure out of its misery while we can still end things amicably. 

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

So, no Queen or McNeeley. Mgbako likely gone. Ware certainly gone. Banks and Gunn likely in the portal. Not even apparently out of the question that Gallo potentially goes elsewhere... even little brother. How demoralizing would that be? If we have 0 recruits and are filling 7+ roster spots and still bring Woody back, I'm personally not spending another dime on IUBB until there's a new coach, at a minimum. It would defy all logic to do this again. Put this tenure out of its misery while we can still end things amicably. 

Time to burn this m-f'er to the ground...

Iowa coach Fran says he doesn’t plan to retire doesn’t plan on going anywhere either.  Lol.  These people (in this case coaches) they like their plush gigs.  And why wouldn’t they?  And if you ask them they all will tell you they give a110%.
They will tell you they are a bargain for their employers and a gift to young people.

Iowa fans say he doesn’t win enough and he doesn’t have to retire from Iowa.  He could move on and retire from somewhere else. Lol.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Iowa coach Fran says he doesn’t plan to retire doesn’t plan on going anywhere either.  Lol.  These people (in this case coaches) they like their plush gigs.  And why wouldn’t they?  And if you ask them they all will tell you they give a110%.
They will tell you they are a bargain for their employers and a gift to young people.

Iowa fans say he doesn’t win enough and he doesn’t have to retire from Iowa.  He could move on and retire from somewhere else. Lol.

I mean, Iowa fans calling for Frans head are morons. You're a nothing program historically. Take literally anything you can get with the success he's had.

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I feel bad for the students. The seniors next year and grad students. Honestly next year will be awful. I don’t think I would spend money on tickets either. Personally if Dolson decides to stay the course… He and Woodson should both go in 2025

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The only "good" thing, is without the tournament Woody will be able to get to work a few weeks early.  If by the end of the first weekend he can't firm up guys like Gallo, MM, Malik, and McKneely, and maybe start on some early portal targets, then Dolson can make his move on the basis that there is no program for Mike to coach.  Mike's going to be a very busy man after a long season -- no rest for the weary.  

I mean, with the outlook for next season paired up with how Woodson has been acting lately….have we reached the point yet of wanting him gone more so than Archie, or not yet? That was something I saw Jim Coyle bring up on his show because he had a fan text it in. He didn’t think we have reached the point YET with Woodson that we did of wanting Archie out.