Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

This is correct. Woodson doesn't think HS kids can contribute their freshman year unless they are 5*. So he wants to build his team through the portal from here on out. He will only see HS kids if he has too. He also wants to get the new GM so they can go to AAU events so he doesn't have too. 

He actually said this to someone..out loud?  Should have been fired on the spot.  Everything Iu basketball is not. 

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But his feelings were hurt because that big meanie Fred wouldn't give him an interview. Which he didn't deserve. I guess Fred did do something right. 

Perhaps it was, especially at the time... but it just came back to bite us in the @$$ big time... and with Buckner and the BoT in place, it will be the gift that keeps on giving...

17 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Gallo in particular is going to garner huge interest and probably big NIL offers to leave. I would not be surprised at all if saw him in say a Kansas or UCONN jersey next year in a 6th man role. 

Yeah and there's a Jersey-based Rutgers fan on Rivals who said Mgbako has been putting out NIL feelers to other programs lately. Who knows how true that is, but I feel like a majority of former 5 star players are going to at least gauge interest like that these days.

Is it at all possible that the administration knows and is in some way aware that the likely dumpster fire next season makes it easier to fire him? With some of what’s leaking about the players, it’s really within the realm of possibility that next season could be epically bad. Like last place in the B1G and ten wins bad. Maybe they simply don’t believe the narrative right now would look good moving on after 3 years with a former player. I’m generally not prone to conspiracy but I am trying to weigh how on earth they could think they are acting in the best interests of the program. I remember the whole “no one bigger than program” nonsense after RMK, and right now it feels like Woody is bigger than the program. 

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

Being 39 years old, I've experienced more turbulence from this program than good, but like all of you, I'm hanging in there. But I'm reaching my breaking point. Why should I be so passionate about a program in which the leadership is ok with mediocrity? It's absolutely infuriating. 

Right there with you. I'm nearing a state of apathy. 38 years old, and probably only watched half our games this season. Probably will watch even less next year, although I'll always peruse the message boards. 

This is playing out just like my Chicago Bears fandom. I stopped watching a few years ago, just couldn't take anymore after the decades of awful decisionmaking, mismanagement, etc. So I just stopped when I realized mediocrity had dug in and found itself a home in that franchise.

IU basketball is no better.

38 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I heard/read somewhere, and I can't remember if it was here or Dakich on Two Big Brains, that Woodson and Buckner want to be the modern-day Georgetown.  They think with our NIL, tradition, and Woodson we can attract NBA bound kids to IU and constantly compete for titles.  First, I think that's a laugh.  Secondly, I don't want to be that type of program.  I don't think that's a sustainable model.  

Three year.  Probably three players.  Bold strategy cotton. 

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah and there's a Jersey-based Rutgers fan on Rivals who said Mgbako has been putting out NIL feelers to other programs lately. Who knows how true that is, but I feel like a majority of former 5 star players are going to at least gauge interest like that these days.

Me just guessing again, Ware will go pro and most likely MgBako too.  Leal will just move on.  Everyone else will put their names in the portal to evaluate their value.  A handful will return because IU will be the highest bidder.  It's going to be an expensive NIL roster.  

19 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

How come someone that played for Knight come to this conclusion about HS players and the portal?  It is insane.  

You build teams through high school players. You compliment with portal/transfers.  

Well, I mean, if you don't have the interest or ability to develop them.... it makes sense. 

Can't imagine Banks sticking around.  I actually forgot he was on the team until he got subbed into the game in the final minute last night.  Crazy that he was getting some playing time in the tournament last season and making some nice hustle plays for us.  When he was playing a littler earlier this year he looked like he had no idea what sport he was playing.

12 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Why wouldn’t Mgbako head over to Duke if he was going to do the college thing?  

Me just guessing again, Ware will go pro and most likely MgBako too.  Leal will just move on.  Everyone else will put their names in the portal to evaluate their value.  A handful will return because IU will be the highest bidder.  It's going to be an expensive NIL roster.  
Yeah we have alot of money but so do the other top programs. Woodson will get a decent guy or two but he will miss on almost all the top transfers

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk