Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We have one of the largest alumni in the country if 1/4 of them gave $100 we would have the buyout. That's not counting people like my grandparents who would donate but didn't go to IU. It's just more of getting people to sign off on like you have said and I agree with

And the right person

At this point, I think IU has proven that they can find the money for buyouts. The big donors consistently step up. The question for Dolson is twofold: does firing Woodson jeopardize relationships with any of those donors (Cooks), and once we have the buyout money, will we be able to sufficiently outbid another power program with way more football money. Make no mistake, Auburn wouldn't just let him walk,  so hopefully his quotes about it being his dream job are true and our facilities, history, BBall NIL etc. help push us over the edge. 

Another question i have been pondering. They say "Winning cures everything". Say you were in Dolsons shoes and had the money and the agreement from Pearl. Would you be willing to plant your flag in the ground, be willing to make the move and thoughts of the big donors be damned. If i am going down, i am going down my way and if it works with Pearl like we all think it will, we will be winning. And with winning, the donors are less angry and come back around. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We all might disagree but if what I'm hearing is the backup plan this time IMO it's a clear upgrade than Woody but that can be argued.

Inarguable. Having the hottest name in mid-major coaching as a backup is a pretty good spot to be, regardless of your opinion on him. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No I am not. These things scare me so much because so much has to happen. And with this one it has more working parts than the past few. But on the other hand, I love coaching changes. It brings hope. 

Hope you're ready to learn how to track private plane again. It's the best time of the year almost!

Just now, Lebowski said:

Just my opinion but Bruce Pearl is not IUBB. His entire coaching history is shade. I have no problem saying this having experienced him walking around campus during the golden years at USI. Dolson would be taking the biggest risk for the program should he decide to him. 

What's the risk?  Almost everything is legal now.  

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Hope you're ready to learn how to track private plane again. It's the best time of the year almost!

I bookmarked the Monroe Co airport page again. Been checking it each morning. Still after 3 searches not sure what I'm looking for but I'm ready

11 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

What's the risk?  Almost everything is legal now.  

If you're cool with controversy and shade being tied to IUBB then there isn't any risk, because it will happen with Pearl. 

8 minutes ago, cleeter said:

This is an honest question, and in no way like attacking your post or anything. But you say he is not IUBB....what exactly is IUBB to you right now?

I like to think of IUBB as a perennial top 25 team, but results are results. Right now IU looks like a team that had an amazing coach once and did some amazing things, but is now a "holier than thou" school that thinks they are better than what they are and care more about image than winning and is about to enter the "just middle of the road B1G team"

IUBB really has been a clean sheet or prides itself on that. Historically, it wins/won the right way. Landing the right coach is just a matter of time. 

10 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Just my opinion but Bruce Pearl is not IUBB. His entire coaching history is shade. I have no problem saying this having experienced him walking around campus during the golden years at USI. Dolson would be taking the biggest risk for the program should he decide to him. 

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

just kidding!  My buddy played for Pearl and loved him. To each his own

11 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I don’t disagree, but my hope is that this means that Dolson recognizes that the “IU way” doesn’t win in 21st century college basketball. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t disagree, but my hope is that this means that Dolson recognizes that the “IU way” doesn’t win in 21st century college basketball. 

Get with the times or get left behind. We are hanging on by a thread. And hell, anymore, is there anything you can do to actually get in trouble with the NCAA?

Pearl’s last extension came when the  Louisville job was open. I think Pearl would be the best option, but I’m worried he might just be leveraging IU for another extension at Auburn. 

20 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I'm with you. Just don't like the guy, and don't think he's right for IU. 

I still can't get over the fact that he ratted out one school, then turned around and cheated himself. More than once. 

He just seems sleazy. 

I don't know if there's any seriousness to all this -- or if it's just smoke-filled coffee-house crap (I stole that from "A Few Good Men"). 

Regardless, I just don't see the administration approving a Bruce Pearl hire if it came down to that.