Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

46 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Laughed at what? Playing golf on a Sunday morning at the F4 during a recruiting dead period at a national coaching convention that he was probably contractually obligated to attend?

If that’s humor, I suggest you get out more and live a little.

I wasn’t the one you were debating here but want to share my perspective.

is it criminal to play golf on a Sunday during a recruiting dead period… no, and for most that would be ok.

BUT, when you have half a team for next year, no transfers secured and you are known, true or not to be lazy and more into golfing with your friends than working the job that pays you $4m+ than yes, you are a fool for even allowing that perspective of you to be perpetuated.

recruiting dead period just means no contact, he could be showering hours of film and researching players etc during this time

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I wasn’t the one you were debating here but want to share my perspective.

is it criminal to play golf on a Sunday during a recruiting dead period… no, and for most that would be ok.

BUT, when you have half a team for next year, no transfers secured and you are known, true or not to be lazy and more into golfing with your friends than working the job that pays you $4m+ than yes, you are a fool for even allowing that perspective of you to be perpetuated.

recruiting dead period just means no contact, he could be showering hours of film and researching players etc during this time

He’s literally at a national coaching convention that over 5,000 coaches from all levels of basketball attend. It takes place this time of year, every single year, because it signals the conclusion of the season and precisely why this dead period exists.

Every big wig in D1 basketball is in Phoenix right now and anyone even remotely interested in golf is golfing this weekend. It should be noted that Woodson is likely contractually obligated to attend this event. There’s absolutely zero optics behind this unless you’re hellbent on pushing some kind of narrative. It is an absolute nothing burger.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He could be golfing with Jesus Christ and I’d still meme on him. He’s lazy, he’s a jerk to the other IU coaches, and he’s a terrible coach. Fire. Mike. Woodson. 

I’m not stopping you from dying on this hill.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

And it should also be noted that one of the gentlemen Woodson is golfing with is one the bigger NIL facilitators in collegiate athletics. 

When in doubt, follow the money.

36 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

known, true or not to be lazy

Believe this should read “ perceived, true or not, to be lazy”. There are probably only a select few close enough to him to “ know” if he’s lazy. Doubt they’re on this board. ( And I don’t believe he’s the right fit for IU as BB coach so not defending him)

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I’m not stopping you from dying on this hill.

Unfortunately, our biggest rival is playing fit a national championship, another conference rival took the coach most people wanted, and IU decided to die on the Mike Woodson hill. All because he played at IU more than 40 years ago and got his feelings hurt during the last coaching search. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Unfortunately, our biggest rival is playing fit a national championship, another conference rival took the coach most people wanted, and IU decided to die on the Mike Woodson hill. All because he played at IU more than 40 years ago and got his feelings hurt during the last coaching search. 

Purdue would be playing for a national title irrespective of who was coaching IU this season and regardless if Mike Woodson was playing golf or not on a Sunday morning during dead week. 

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Purdue would be playing for a national title irrespective of who was coaching IU this season and regardless if Mike Woodson was playing golf or not on a Sunday morning during dead week. 

Not really true if IU had a coach capable of fielding a national championship contender. It could be us playing Monday night instead of Purdue.

The IU administration sent a crystal clear signal last month that it’s not serious about its men’s basketball program. You may be ok with that, but I and many others are not. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The IU administration sent a crystal clear signal last month that it’s not serious about its men’s basketball program. You may be ok with that, but I and many others are not.

Has nothing to do with Mike Woodson attending a national coaching convention and playing a round of golf during dead week.

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

If Mike Woodson had more than 1 recruit that he landed last week and more than 6 players on scholarship no one would care if he was golfing and it getting posted to social media. 

Personally, I don’t care if Mike Woodson flies kites and takes salsa lessons for hobbies— now might just be a slightly tone deaf time to be broadcasting you’re doing no work— dead period in Phoenix or otherwise. I routinely tell people not to post things I could be included in, and think might be read the wrong way, and I am no one it isn’t hard. 

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

If Mike Woodson had more than 1 recruit that he landed last week and more than 6 players on scholarship no one would care if he was golfing and it getting posted to social media. 

Personally, I don’t care if Mike Woodson flies kites and takes salsa lessons for hobbies— now might just be a slightly tone deaf time to be broadcasting you’re doing no work— dead period in Phoenix or otherwise. I routinely tell people not to post things I could be included in, and think might be read the wrong way, and I am no one it isn’t hard. 

NOBODY ASSOCIATED WITH COLLEGE BASKETBALL OUTSIDE THE PARTICIPATING FINAL FOUR TEAMS ARE DOING ANY WORK THIS WEEKEND REGARDLESS OF JOB STATUS.

It’s literally why this week exists lol.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Has nothing to do with Mike Woodson attending a national coaching convention and playing a round of golf during dead week.

And when he was partying it up on his birthday weekend like he was 21 again when it wasn’t a dead week? 

If Woodson generally busted his *** this wouldn’t be an issue. But he acts like he’s semi-retired, puts out a mediocre product, and gets combative when questioned. This week is an official dead week. All the other weeks are unofficial dead weeks for Mike Woodson. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

And when he was partying it up on his birthday weekend like he was 21 again when it wasn’t a dead week? 

If Woodson generally busted his *** this wouldn’t be an issue. But he acts like he’s semi-retired, puts out a mediocre product, and gets combative when questioned. 

It’s the complete opposite. It’s a non-issue. Actually, a non-starter. You have to be looking to be victimized to have a problem with Woodson golfing this weekend.

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

It isn’t an issue lol.

Maybe not for you. What will be the excuse when he does this all summer instead of recruiting? Sorry, but when you behave the way Mike Woodson behaves you really don’t deserve any benefit of the doubt from the fanbase. 

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

NOBODY ASSOCIATED WITH COLLEGE BASKETBALL OUTSIDE THE PARTICIPATING FINAL FOUR TEAMS ARE DOING ANY WORK THIS WEEKEND REGARDLESS OF JOB STATUS.

It’s literally why this week exists lol.

Yea, I caught that. That’s why I mentioned it. It’s just most of them could field a basketball team right now. It’s optics, not the time or the activity. And I don’t personally care, I was trying to give you a perspective on why people might. And for the record, the dead period is not “do literally no work” week. It only applies to in person recruiting contact. There’s plenty of work being done. Not that I think Woody golfing changes any amount of it for IU lol

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe not for you. What will be the excuse when he does this all summer instead of recruiting? Sorry, but when you behave the way Mike Woodson behaves you really don’t deserve any benefit of the doubt from the fanbase. 

If he does this all summer….then by all means burn him at the stake. But attributing Woodson playing golf at 8am on a Sunday during dead week to being lazy and not working is literally an asinine take.

Guarantee the person who initially posted the tweet had zero clue that Woodson was at a contractually obligated event (that literally thousands of other college coaches are attending) during a no-contact, no-recruiting week. The irony of lazy.