Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That is completely delusional.  Someone who has done that probably isn't interested in the IU job.  Who would even fit that description?  Pearl and ?????  Would Painter?     

I think that is why they made those standards because they knew Dolson wouldn't be able to get anyone like that after the tournament and portal started

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

All of a sudden they want a home run hire? They didn't seem very interested in home run hire when they handed Woodson the job. Basically they just want to make it incredibly hard to get rid of Woodson imo. These people are a complete joke.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Some day the rest of you will connect the dots and finally understand why the past 24 have been such a sh!t show.  Hint: it really isn't stupidity.

43 minutes ago, lillurk said:

As a person who was in high school 20 years ago, I don’t think he would’ve been some special recruiter. My classmates and teammates hadn’t watched him play.

He would’ve made our parents happy, I guess.

He knew a lot of high school and AAU coaches in the state.  He would have done well recruiting Indiana.  

Some day the rest of you will connect the dots and finally understand why the past 24 have been such a sh!t show.  Hint: it really isn't stupidity.
I know they don't really want the program to be good or they never would have hired Woodson. But they can stop the home run hire talk nonsense.

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The way it was explained to me is a proven Power 5 head coach. Someone who has won and won at a high level for a long time. 

That's just an excuse by the decision makers to keep Woodson.  They know that unicorn doesn't exist.  

(Never mind. Chris already made this comment.)

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I would remove Tony Bennett and Bruce Pearl from the list for next year. Probably even Scott Drew just because it sounds like Louisville made him a generous offer and he said no if Dusty gets the job.

No way IU goes after Will Wade even though everything he did is legal now. 

Just not sure what are choices are. 

Why remove Pearl for next year? There are rumors our people chatted with his people this year. 

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is true. I don’t detest it much, I just wish we were good at it.  

Should have been doing it sooner I guess.Hell, everyone else was and left us in the dust.We respected the NCAA and thought they were an honest institution while all along they were money grubbing toothless whores who refused to punish their cash cows.

2 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

What is the overall feeling on why several do not want Alford.  What has he done or not done to make him not desirable?  Serious question since we have been horrible the past several years with other coaches.  

For starters, In 8 years at Iowa, Alford finished higher than 4th in the B10 once and made the NCAA 3 times, winning one NCAA tourney game.

Alford makes McCaffrey look like Knight.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

For me, there are several things. First was the Pierre Pierce thing. Still can't believe that, and he only apologized to get the UCLA job.

He was pretty good at Manchester College, and good enough at SW Missouri State to get the Iowa gig. But his record since then has been a series of ups and downs.

He does recruit better than Woodson, but so do you and I.

The Pierre Pierce piece is the thing for me if you take out that piece or had it not happened I would say yes to him but that piece irks me.

Edited by OliviaPope40

That's just an excuse by the decision makers to keep Woodson.  They know that unicorn doesn't exist.  
(Never mind. Chris already made this comment.)
100% they would probably like to keep Woodson as long as they can.

Also it cracks me up when he says we need more talent, but then begs the current players to stay. Never says we have talent but I haven't put them in a position to succeed 
So who's he "begged to stay" exactly? What players told you that? Your gaslighting actually cracks me up.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

I keep thinking about IU telling the NIT that we wouldn't be interested in an invite.  This is really concerning to me.  I heard Calipari on the radio today. He was asked about if the players were playing for their NIL.  He gave an answer, which could be coach speak, about his team enjoys playing with one another and they want to keep the season going as long as possible.  Evidently, that wasn't the case with IU's players or the coaching staff.  Under Knight, our goals were to win a Big Ten Title, and if invited win an NCAA title or NIT title.  Under Woodson and Dolson, our program is such a mess that we wanted the season to end.  The program is being mismanaged. 

Just now, JF87 said:

I keep thinking about IU telling the NIT that we wouldn't be interested in an invite.  This is really concerning to me.  I heard Calipari on the radio today. He was asked about if the players were playing for their NIL.  He gave an answer, which could be coach speak, about his team enjoys playing with one another and they want to keep the season going as long as possible.  Evidently, that wasn't the case with IU's players or the coaching staff.  Under Knight, our goals were to win a Big Ten Title, and if invited win an NCAA title or NIT title.  Under Woodson and Dolson, our program is such a mess that we wanted the season to end.  The program is being mismanaged. 

The program has been mismanaged for around 25 years.