Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

The problem is that Mike Woodson can't handle the truth. He's a hack of a coach who thinks he has "done his job", and only wants to surround himself with "yes" men who heap praise on mediocrity. I'd estimate that 80-90% (or more) of this board was calling for his head last February, as was a lot of the national media. So what if some of the podcasters were, too. Woodson has spent his tenure at IU burning bridges and pretending. Coaching a team that ties for 6th in the B1G last year at 19-14 and missing the tournament is NOT a good season. The senior day dressing down of the fan base after such an epic failure of a season was petty and, frankly exposed Woodson for who he is. I've not been a huge fan of the HH podcast, but despite some of their schtick, they weren't wrong in their assessment. And since Woodson can't control/spin what they say, he just shut them out. That's fine if he wants to play that way, but it doesn't alter the facts about the 2023-24 season or his tenure at IU.

Well said, no one could’ve said it any better.  Woodson doesn’t take criticism well and seems to have a God like complex when it comes to IU and him coaching basketball.  I honestly think that he thinks he walks on water and every should kneel down before like a king back in the King Arthur days.  I hope the IU basketball team does well but I hope Woodson fails somehow or the university gets tired of his God like attitude and tells him to take a hike!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes he nails it. No one is defending the two HH guys but I’m surprised how many people are defending Woody. He’s upset because they had Evans on and they called him stubborn. Eric said at the beginning he knew their access was being pulled but the other stuff Woody said and the way he’s acted is so childish. 

I think the Bozich piece is more damning. To most, I would say RB is a little more respected or known than these guys.

Wonder if Alex will be the next one called into the principals office. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

No one from the athletic department has said it’s inaccurate. Kathy said Scott didn’t want it released because it was true and I’ve heard Woody say this stuff before. Eric can be a ****** but he didn’t make this up.

People who are dismissing this don’t know any of the people involved. The descriptions of MW and SD and their behaviors is dead on. As for Woody, he and Brian Evans aren’t buddies. Won’t go into to detail but I’m sure you know that BE’s pod appearance and comments aren’t the first time he’s been outspoken about MW. There’s some history, and they aren’t pals.

People who are dismissing this don’t know any of the people involved. The descriptions of MW and SD and their behaviors is dead on. As for Woody, he and Brian Evans aren’t buddies. Won’t go into to detail but I’m sure you know that BE’s pod appearance and comments aren’t the first time he’s been outspoken about MW. There’s some history, and they aren’t pals.

That, plus the public comments that Woodson has made (post game pressers, senior day comments) are consistent with the general sense that he thinks he's above reproach with his mediocre coaching record and general attitude about his abilities. He's a sad little man who played here 40+ years ago.

Is Scott Dolson simply a whipped puppy? I cannot imaging who peed in his cornflakes to make him so invisible in all of this.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

No one from the athletic department has said it’s inaccurate. Kathy said Scott didn’t want it released because it was true and I’ve heard Woody say this stuff before. Eric can be a ****** but he didn’t make this up.

I just think he may have had reason to feed the flame after getting burned.  I’m not a S pumper by any stretch, 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

Besides what I have already said, my policy is side with no one in this situation. The Hysterics are arrogant and have cut off many people who don't tote their water much like Woody did to them.  

Both Woodson and the Hysterics have massive egos and it was bound to end with hurt feelings. In the end the Hysterics get cut off from the program which is sorely needed and Woodson better win big this year.

Woodson can think he has support of everyone and if he wins he can do what he chooses. If not, the people who he thinks are his friends will turn on him one by one as well and no one is invincible no matter what Woodson thinks and he will be shown the door.

No winners here and we have two people (Eric and Woody) cut from the same cloth who are thin skinned and eventually these personalities eat each other up as happened here. The Hysterics airing this dirty laundry in public confirms they have as big an ego as Woody.

If the Hysterics did not have an ego they would keep the meeting in house and not vent publicly. If Woody did not have such an ego he would not have called the meeting and chewed them out. both are wrong in this sense.

Yeah but a Fire Mike Woodson thread gets more responses than a Cancel Hoosier Hysterics thread, so fuel the fire that burns hottest.  

Damn you Woody!  You must go

*Our purchased players have to stay at this point, right?

Fire him.

9 hours ago, KathywithaC said:

I think that’s obvious and the fact that Woodson is so thinned skinned is obvious too.  I’ve got news for him, he’s in the wrong business if he’s going to be that thinned skinned and childish!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

9 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That, plus the public comments that Woodson has made (post game pressers, senior day comments) are consistent with the general sense that he thinks he's above reproach with his mediocre coaching record and general attitude about his abilities. He's a sad little man who played here 40+ years ago.

Is Scott Dolson simply a whipped puppy? I cannot imaging who peed in his cornflakes to make his so invisible in all of this.

I think Scott thinks this could have all been avoided if he had been allowed to do his job last spring. Since he wasn't let Mike act crazy till this spring when we brings Brad in. 

I can't believe people are defending Eric. This is a fire Woody thread, and I stand by that. But the hysterics are awful and embarrassing. Indiana is better off without them involved. The can be fans and have their podcast, but get them away from the coaches, team, and recruits. Fire Woody, fire the Hysterics into the sun.

If Woody wins next year, and he might, then I'll eat crow about Woody as a basketball coach. I don't care about the arrogance or ego. That's pretty typical of a CEO or big time head coach, and often is what drives them. As a fan, I don't care about being his friend. I care about wins, losses, and a lasting, positive impact on the young men on the team. Woody seems to be delivering on the last part at least.

I could never have been friends with Bob Knight either. He was thin skinned as they come, arrogant as ever even when he didn't deserve it anymore. I don't need to love the coach.

I can't stand the hysterics so much, they make me defend Woody! There are no winners here and all parties are at fault.

Edited by PartyintheVillas

This podcast makes HH look like middle school girls lol 

No cares about their stupid fan fest or fantasy camp (which was weird af). 

Irrelevant podcasters took shots at a HC and got their access taken away, take notes everyone. 

12 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I don't know why anyone wouldn't believe this after Woodson's senior day speech. 

Its just hard to care about it.

How someone acts as an Indiana HC is clearly irrelevant. Clearly-- we've seen that story multiple times. 

Eric and whatever the other ones name is are complete dorks. 

----------

Also---

Does anyone think Brian Evans does an interview about Knight if he's still the coach? Lololol 

-------

Bottom line--- posters in this thread shut up if we win. It's that shallow for them, which is fine, but I cannot find a way to care that "Woodson is arrogant" "Woodson has said mean things"... nope. Yawn. Do not care. 

Win games. This is a nothing burger.