Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Malik would even be a part of that exodus according to Trilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No surprise he would get alot of offers at programs who win.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Malik would even be a part of that exodus according to Trilly

It is sad but not surprising honestly. They can see the writing on the wall, I doubt seriously MR wants to play with 5-8 new teammates and lose a boatload of games in the process. For the majority of the season, no one looked like they were having any fun. 

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

This is the guy that's going revamp his system next year? I think not.

Mike Woodson: “I still think the college game is played inside-out.” #iubb

6:32 PM · Mar 4, 2024

·

View

It’s done.  Only reasonable explanation could be that Woody’s negotiating his buyout publicly right now…going to play the ‘way out of touch senior citizen’ card…to make certain he gets paid!

It’s done.  Only reasonable explanation could be that Woody’s negotiating his buyout publicly right now…going to play the ‘way out of touch senior citizen’ card…to make certain he gets paid!

Woodson won’t leave on his own. He will have to be fired. I think his ego is too big to admit failure or “his way” didn’t work

Woodson won’t leave on his own. He will have to be fired. I think his ego is too big to admit failure or “his way” didn’t work

I agree 100% . That's why you don't hire former players.

24 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly dropped minor update into the discord. Nothing we didn't know. But if Woodson stays, expect "some serious" player movement on the roster

Well the roster was already going to turn.  We expect Ware to go NBA.  We expect Gunn and Banks to look for greener pastures where they can find more playing time.  Leal would probably graduate and move on to RE.  The questions were Malik, MM, & Gallo.  As I said earlier, if he can't lock those dudes in, plus Cupps and Sparks, by selection Sunday, he's got to be gone. 

If not, he'll need to figure out a way to quickly develop players and not get blown out every game.  There aren't enough 5* types in the portal to make a roster satisfactory to Woodson.  

Well the roster was already going to turn.  We expect Ware to go NBA.  We expect Gunn and Banks to look for greener pastures where they can find more playing time.  Leal would probably graduate and move on to RE.  The questions were Malik, MM, & Gallo.  As I said earlier, if he can't lock those dudes in, plus Cupps and Sparks, by selection Sunday, he's got to be gone. 
If not, he'll need to figure out a way to quickly develop players and not get blown out every game.  There aren't enough 5* types in the portal to make a roster satisfactory to Woodson.  
Locking them in by selection Sunday would be nice but that isn't today's college basketball. They have been waiting seemingly till end of April or so to announce if returning. When do they have to announce by now?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Reneau, Galloway, Gunn, Banks, and Mgbako. Ware is already gone for NBA and X is finally done and so is Walker. There goes 8 players. Payton Sparks about to cook in 2025. A Gabe and Payton P&R will be lit

Sparks can't catch a ball. He sure as he'll has no touch around the rim. Sadly he needs creaned imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The great big and baddest high school in all of Delaware County, Cowan High School!  You were around Matt Painter then or close to him.

Cowan’s gym was old school. Yeah Painter graduated in 89. 

3 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Reneau, Galloway, Gunn, Banks, and Mgbako. Ware is already gone for NBA and X is finally done and so is Walker. There goes 8 players. Payton Sparks about to cook in 2025. A Gabe and Payton P&R will be lit

Honestly if there's people transferring I feel like Gabe would be one of them lol. His dad's a coach and their high school team runs a better system than we do. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

MgBako has played better the last few weeks.  His plan was to be a one and done. He will enter the draft. 

I don’t want to keep Woodson to get McNeely but losing McNeely would suck so much. Love the way that kid plays.

Hoping next coach, assuming it goes that way will get the chance to retain him.

And who is hiring Beard this off-season?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hopefully Beard will be going to Auburn for next season