Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

27 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Didn't Luke Brown himself post here (albeit under a different name and not really being an IU recruit)?

The IU / Norte Dame guy that posted a bunch . He was on every site lol 

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So he didn't want fland.That means it was queen and Liam or bust.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Could be wrong but I read that he wanted to go all in on Dylan Harper. Even more ridiculous because he was all RU from the start and even basically trolled us with his visit pictures by copying the poses his brother would hit against us in games during his photo shoot lol. This just solidifies to me his recruiting is literally all about chasing stars and rankings.

42 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Didn't Luke Brown himself post here (albeit under a different name and not really being an IU recruit)?

Oh you mean the poster who posted exclusively about Luke Brown for years but swore he was just an unaffiliated fan? Nah, totally not him. 

49 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I heard Mike Woodson puts mayonnaise on his hot dogs.

….I definitely do, but they have to be Nathan’s! Lol

I put mayonnaise on them with Vlasic Bread and Butter Sweet Pickle slices on top.

I think at first Woodson had good attention to come back and try to bring IU back to being relevant. I think he didn't realize how much work being a college coach is and hasn't been able to adjust to the college game. He probably thought he would come in and start in October and be done by April and then be off until next season

There has been certain things he has said that makes me feel like he doesn't really understand how the college game works. Just a week ago talking about still having a chance to get to the tournament.

I really don't blame him if he comes to the conclusion it is to much work for him at this age to keep coaching. To tell you the truth I don't know why anyone would want to coach college basketball in this current climate.

Could be wrong but I read that he wanted to go all in on Dylan Harper. Even more ridiculous because he was all RU from the start and even basically trolled us with his visit pictures by copying the poses his brother would hit against us in games during his photo shoot lol. This just solidifies to me his recruiting is literally all about chasing stars and rankings.
That is even worse we had no chance with Harper. And Woodson is the guy who is going to hit a grand slam in this year's portal? I highly doubt that happens at all.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

And fland is supposed to be one of the main three he went after the hardest. He sounds beyond lazy.

I think he expects players to come to him -- because he's Mike Woodson after all.  

Not working out that well for him.  

14 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I think at first Woodson had good attention to come back and try to bring IU back to being relevant. I think he didn't realize how much work being a college coach is and hasn't been able to adjust to the college game. He probably thought he would come in and start in October and be done by April and then be off until next season

There has been certain things he has said that makes me feel like he doesn't really understand how the college game works. Just a week ago talking about still having a chance to get to the tournament.

I really don't blame him if he comes to the conclusion it is to much work for him at this age to keep coaching. To tell you the truth I don't know why anyone would want to coach college basketball in this current climate.

I agree his intentions were good at the beginning.  But three seasons into this, he has to know that he either can't or doesn't want to do what's required of the job, particularly in recruiting, which would result in anything but a further flushing of this program down the drain.  So, him continuing after this season in the job, with this, let's say, lack of effort, would cause me to think much differently as to his what his intentions are now.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Bronny is a freshman who nearly died 7 months ago. He’ll be fine. Lebron discourse always scrapes the bottom of the internet barrel. 

Sorry, but I wasn't the one who said that Bronny could get minutes on the Lakers right now and a couple of days ago said "Man, Bronny definitely better than some of these cats I've been watching on league pass today."

I am a LeBron fan.  IMO he is the greatest player to ever play the game.  But it's not 'scraping the bottom of the internet barrel' to point out that LeBron isn't exactly an unbiased voice in the abilities of his kids. It's definitely an incredibly sad story about what Bronny went through last fall but that has nothing to do with his dad's overinflated opinion of Bronny's ability which apparently is extending to Bryce as well.

Yep correct. It would not have been that hard for him pick the brain of other colleges coaches before he signed up for this. You know find out how hard it might be for a 64 year to rebuild a program and how grueling it would be. But that's beneath him imo.