Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Old days were great!  I’ve watched all 3 of BK’s championships.  Even though the 1975 and 1976 teams were pretty awesome I think his best team, IMO was the 1992 or 1993 team.  I believe it may have been the 1993 team and Henderson got hurt and that hurt our chances to win it all.  I made it to the elite 8. The 92 team made it to the FF4.  

Yeah I was lucky enough to be at IU from '90 to '94 man that was great basketball.  We should of had two titles.  I wish RMK would of whooped his @$$.

image.jpeg.7117f8d807faff1a8d07bcce979d32aa.jpeg

34 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I was in Wilkie in 84/85.  Don't come across many people who lived there.  Probably because we are all so successful and don't have time to post.  

Yep graduated in 71. Been watching this forum for years but too busy to post and engage.  However now retired and have a little more time. And so frustrated with the state of the program. Loved Willkie Quad then, guess it's changed a lot by now. 

2 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Do we know who pulled the fire alarm?

Seems like a cover-up. Likely a student who had money on the game or maybe connected to the program in some sort. 

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Dear Jesus, 

Help me. 

Some of you live and die too much each moment on this stuff.  Of course this is the plan for right now.  That is how things work.  Plans change and change quickly based on a lot of things.  The way things are going I would say it is very possible that plans changes.  But of course that is the plan for right now.  

3 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Dont know if IUphilly from Peegs is on here, but wanted to cite his name for saying this because i am stealing this because i think he nails it on the head

Some of these discussions on coaches seem a bit backward-looking. It’s like the guy is on trial for PAST coaching failures and we’re the jury deciding whether to punish or absolve.

If you look at the history of coaches that get into these situations, the only relevant question seems to be “can he get out” and still meet the program’s expectations? Most of the historical data I’ve seen paints a none-too-happy picture for coaches who have both declining recruiting trajectory and a steep win-loss drop after the honeymoon ends. It’s why on X’s and Joes and other venues, I’ve always stressed how vital it is to keep recruiting momentum throughout the early years and at least keep a reasonable trend going on the court.

The issue you run into is that the momentum that keeps building downward from losing and poor play simply builds on itself…and just adds more weight the further down you go, much like the physics of a rockslide. That may be the way Dolson has to frame it in his own head when discussing “the escape plan” with Woody.

Consider the context: You’re a sub-100 KenPom squad. You’re going to lose several key pieces that will drop your baseline even further down. The question is: How are you going to make a roster jump equivalent to 100+ KenPom spots in 45 days of the portal (15 days less than last year after NCAA rule change) when you couldn’t keep the roster momentum steady with the benefit of a honeymoon and a window of 2 full years?

I’m not suggesting there is “no way out”, but just given the history of how few coaches ever escape this scenario and how much portal success you’ll need to vault out of the building rockslide, the probabilities of a happy ending aren’t great as of today.

Sam sent me their podcast with him on it and I will say after watching it you can tell Bob & Mike are very intelligent men. I always loved following IUphilly on Peegs because all of his stuff is math-based. It's hard to argue with numbers

Just now, Chris007 said:

That's what they have to say. They can't say the plan is for us to fire Mike Woodson or the plan is for us to send Mike to retirement after the season. 

I'll be encouraged if Dolson doesn't do a media vote of confidence after the B1G tourney. The portal is a shorter window this year, he needs to "retire" Woodson these next couple weeks and have his next man in the bag for this to happen. 

7 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Some of you live and die too much each moment on this stuff.  Of course this is the plan for right now.  That is how things work.  Plans change and change quickly based on a lot of things.  The way things are going I would say it is very possible that plans changes.  But of course that is the plan for right now.  

Absolutely. This is what the AD would always say. 

I just don't see the logic behind this being the plan right now so hopefully it isn't in reality. Woody hasn't done anything to warrant more time. So why plan to keep him? If he had a top 5 class coming in, I'd get it. But he doesn't. Quite the opposite. Being completely reliant on the portal, maybe some new assistants and a GM is not a plan Dolson should be excited about. So hopefully the real plan it to lock in his replacement before doing anything. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Sam sent me their podcast with him on it and I will say after watching it you can tell Bob & Mike are very intelligent men. I always loved following IUphilly on Peegs because all of his stuff is math-based. It's hard to argue with numbers

As my late father would say, "Numbers are never wrong, we built nukes and landed on the moon with that ****"

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Absolutely. This is what the AD would always say. 

I just don't see the logic behind this being the plan right now. Woody hasn't done anything to believe he deserves more time. If he had a top 5 class coming in, I'd get it. But he doesn't. Quite the opposite. Being completely reliant on the portal, maybe some new assistants and a GM is not a plan Dolson should be excited about. 

you are looking at it from a fans standpoint.  He is looking at it from an ADs stand point.  The plan *as of now* is to keep him.  That was their plan starting the year.  The year is not over with. 

7 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

you are looking at it from a fans standpoint.  He is looking at it from an ADs stand point.  The plan *as of now* is to keep him.  That was their plan starting the year.  The year is not over with. 

Well yeah. Obviously you never plan on firing your head coach, especially not at the beginning of the year. I'm trying to look at it from a logical perspective from both an admin and fans point of view. In my opinion, I don't see much of a difference. If Scott's plan is still to keep him, I'm wondering what the logic is other than "that's been their plan from the start of the year". Just conversing over what could possibly keep that as our trajectory.

Unless we win the B1G tourney, we aren't dancing and next year looks pretty freaking bleak. So what, as an AD, do you need to see from Woody in the next couple months to give him another year? 

3 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Well yeah. Obviously you never plan on firing your head coach, especially not at the beginning of the year. I'm trying to look at it from a logical perspective from both an admin and fans point of view. In my opinion, I don't see much of a difference. If Scott's plan is still to keep him, I'm wondering what the logic is other than "that's been their plan from the start of the year". Just conversing over what could possibly keep that as our trajectory. 

I think no matter what Dolson is currently thinking he is going to be very professional and stay by the word that the plan right now is to keep him.  

He is not going to go around and start telling everyone what his plans are.  But I think it is fair to speculate from the football decision this year that he is a very deliberate thinker and he has a plan in place depending on how things shake out the rest of the year.  

Just now, TadQueasy said:

I think no matter what Dolson is currently thinking he is going to be very professional and stay by the word that the plan right now is to keep him.  

He is not going to go around and start telling everyone what his plans are.  But I think it is fair to speculate from the football decision this year that he is a very deliberate thinker and he has a plan in place depending on how things shake out the rest of the year.  

I have faith in Dolson to make the right decision (crazy or not) and he may be in the "he aint coming back camp" and if he was, the right thing would be to tell the world the plan is to come back knowing he isnt. But sadly, and what worries me, is that it seem Quinn can easily ruin all that by just saying "no"

Has a coach ever had this much pressure to show for a HS recruits game lol
Wait is the smartest man in the room Woodson actually going to grace Mullins with his presence tonight?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Totally agree. I have faith in Dolson. He knows this is a massive decision.