Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

They hired and put up with Sampson while he let the inmates run the asylum. So, yes.

How does having hired Sampson (in the past, relative to this opening/hiring) have any impact on whether or not IU actually interviewed/tried to interview Pitino? (answer: it doesn't).

Dolson offered Stevens, and when Stevens said "no" Dolson was caught with his proverbial pants down... the rest is a bad dream.

12 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

This is true but it isn’t even that. Said this a few days ago and people glossed over it.

You don’t need any inside info, Trilly discord etc to understand the situation. You can be mad, talk about how this is doomed etc for the 500th post. Fans can stop coming. Dolson can be 100% ready to move and it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have big donor support. He can’t pay for this divorce without it. Period. You can say IU prints money, yep but they don’t spend their own much on coach salaries, facilities, etc. 

He isn’t going to get that support to push Woodson out this year and hire a guy like May.  Next year maybe. That Pearl stuff came from the IU donor side. Not sure which one but it did.

If Dolson wants it done, he has to have it 100% locked up for a proven winner or it won’t happen.  It is the only way not to start over like Crean did. (Yes, portal helps but you need a name not to hit reset). You need a guy who can come in and keep Liam, Malik, MM etc because his name is respected with recruits and their ability to get them to next level.  

Has to be 100% too because rich people, no matter how rich, like their money and don’t like to throw it away. They all remember Brad from last time. So he better come with contract in hand for that money.

His only other slim chance is if he has universal player support. I.E. they are all leaving. Don’t see that. 

This doesn’t come down to Dolson, Buckner etc. it is donors. 

It’s going to get very ugly next year…..

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sampson was booted before even finishing his second season because he violated NCAA rules, then lied about it. 

So, no. 

So, you think that they didn’t know about guys not going to class? Or the rampant drug problem ?

If you think there aren’t staff monitoring this stuff, I don’t know what to tell you.

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

How does having hired Sampson (in the past, relative to this opening/hiring) have any impact on whether or not IU actually interviewed/tried to interview Pitino? (answer: it doesn't).

Dolson offered Stevens, and when Stevens said "no" Dolson was caught with his proverbial pants down... the rest is a bad dream.

You obviously don’t read or follow the conversation. You asked whether the “holier than thou “ IU administration would stoop to hire someone like Pitino. I provided a point of reference that they had done so in the past with Sampson. Not really hard to follow..

Please provide your inside information to verify your claim about how this went down 

38 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Interestingly, I didn’t see the Bozich article ever mention Pitino. After Steven’s and Matta it says, “Other names who are believed to be under consideration are Texas Tech coach Chris Beard, former Michigan coach John Beilein; Pacers assistant coach Calbert Cheaney; Baylor coach Scott Drew; Eric Musselman of Arkansas and Michigan State assistant coach Dane Fife, a former IU player.”

"Believed to be under consideration", means I read on a message board. 

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

Per an article by Bozich after the Miller firing, Steven’s, Rick Pitino and Nate Oates all turned down the job. They then interviewed Woodson and reached out to Matta, who could not pass the physical they requested.

Sure sounds like a search to me.

There is no way that IU reached out to Pitino. Since he's on the list, is there any reason to believe any of the rest of the names? Not to me, there isn't.

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

You obviously don’t read or follow the conversation. You asked whether the “holier than thou “ IU administration would stoop to hire someone like Pitino. I provided a point of reference that they had done so in the past with Sampson. Not really hard to follow..

Please provide your inside information to verify your claim about how this went down 

The fact they did it in the past and then fired him two years later for reasons unrelated to on-court performance just makes it all the more unlikely that they offered the job to Rick Pitino. He had to go to Greece and then little Iona because no one would hire him. Yet IU offered him? C’mon. There is zero chance. None.

6 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, you think that they didn’t know about guys not going to class? Or the rampant drug problem ?

If you think there aren’t staff monitoring this stuff, I don’t know what to tell you.

And they fired him for all that crap, did they not?

So if you think they'd go down that rabbit hole again, I don't know what to tell you. 

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Common misconception. They actually went to class and had a team team GPA of 2.8 in the first semester. It wasn’t until late in the spring semester after **** hit the fan when they stopped going to class. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

And they fired him for all that crap, did they not?

So if you think they'd go down that rabbit hole again, I don't know what to tell you. 

Did they?

Or did they fire him for the phone calls?

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I can 100% say that the job was never offered to Pitino or Oats. I wish we would have spoken to Oats.

From what I’m hearing a couple of very big donors are at least open about talking about replacing Woodson this season. Dolson has a very good pulse on who all would be interested. We’ll see.

So Bozich just made that up?

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can 100% say that the job was never offered to Pitino or Oats. I wish we would have spoken to Oats.

From what I’m hearing a couple of very big donors are at least open about talking about replacing Woodson this season. Dolson has a very good pulse on who all would be interested. We’ll see.

More please.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Now that’s the kinda “nuggets” I like hearing sprinkled throughout the night! Lol

I will be expecting more in a hour or two! 

IMG_6268.gif

4 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Did they?

Or did they fire him for the phone calls?

It's irrelevant. Your argument was that if they hired him, they'd hire someone like Pitino.

There's no chance of that happening after the Sampson fiasco. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Any idea who actually was contacted but not interested?