Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

So, before the final 4 this year.  

Yes the final four is usually for two things for coaches. One interview for other jobs or two show up with your new school looking to hire assistants and brag about your new job. 

Didn't realize people were whining about pearl and cheating lol. It is time to find a winner! I don't care if they are nice and I don't care who it is. Winning will fix everything imo. Whoever we hire needs to be a winner! The only hire we had who looked like they were going to turn this program around was sampson. Try to find a guy who can win and not totally destroy the brand rick pitino style and I am good. Beard pearl would be my top. Just please end this misery soon Woodson is finished!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The college players are all paid now how many even go to class anymore? I have not heard of a guy being academically ineligible since aj Ratcliff like 17 years ago. Pearls past is long gone. Who cares.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Eric Bledsoe was eligible for UK and he couldn't spell ACT.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Didn't realize people were whining about pearl and cheating lol. It is time to find a winner! I don't care if they are nice and I don't care who it is. Winning will fix everything imo. Whoever we hire needs to be a winner! The only hire we had who looked like they were going to turn this program around was sampson. Try to find a guy who can win and not totally destroy the brand rick pitino style and I am good. Beard pearl would be my top. Just please end this misery soon Woodson is finished!

There's no "cheating" anymore. Teams can pay players and IU is in a good position with NIL to do that. A certain burner account just said we have 4 million to spend next year. 

But Woodson said we are right in the thick of things. He isn't going quietly.

Last night on radio he quietly acknowledged we probably have to win the big ten tournament. Then said we are preparing for that!

11 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Ok, since we’re about to reach page 200, let’s get a consensus on everything that has transpired. As of right now, do we think Woodson will be gone after this season or not? I need to see a bunch of “after this season 100%” haha 

We can only hope... who knows what happens in that ivory tower where Buckner and Dolson hang out... and why that it always smell like stale cigars?

Just for fun, let's say Pearl is off the table.  Is Dusty next on the list.  To me these two are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  Who would be someone in the middle that still checks all the boxes.  

Edited by 68Hoosier

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Ok that must have been from when he signed the contract. If we're paying 8.5 for Pearl I would be OK with 10 for Oats. It's not my money let's spend a little more

We always spend what's necessary to get what we want, right? Let's do it.

There's no "cheating" anymore. Teams can pay players and IU is in a good position with NIL to do that. A certain burner account just said we have 4 million to spend next year. 
I said rick pitino style. I think buying prostitutes or supplying the team with drugs or other illegal tactics might still be frowned upon. Other than that I am good. Just win!

Sean Miller got fired for paying players and two years later it became legal. These are now professional athletes. I am sure some don't even bother going to class.

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

Just for fun, let's say Peal is off the table.  Is Dusty next on the list.  To me these two are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  Who would be someone in the middle that still checks all the buttons.  

Without looking at years... what would you say if this coach came available... 

image.thumb.png.9272cd9633cf279109336eddbfe5f3f0.png

On 2/22/2024 at 1:04 PM, Unexpectedflash said:

I’m sure if Scott is planning on firing him he’s going through back channels gauging interest. I don’t like mikes coaching but firing him mid season  would leave a bad taste in my mouth 

Apparently only you and Woodson think we're "mid-season". There are 6 games to go - 5 regular season and one BTT game.

But is it fair to fire him when he's still getting to know his guys? 

2 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Just for fun, let's say Pearl is off the table.  Is Dusty next on the list.  To me these two are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  Who would be someone in the middle that still checks all the boxes.  

Mick Cronin is getting a lot of talk on other sites like Peegs. He's unhappy at UCLA because of their NIL program is rumored to be a candidate at UL & OSU.

I prefer Dusty myself but Mick is interesting

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But Woodson said we are right in the thick of things. He isn't going quietly.

The only "thick thing" is Woodson's head if he actually believes that.

18 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I'd have to say you're naive if you don't think IU has skirted the rules as it pertains to NIL and how it's presented to prospective recruits. Is it really a big deal if EVERYBODY is doing it?

I'm not naive.    I just have higher expectations for our program. I hope we are trying to follow the rules. However, I also assume our coaching staff is getting desperate.  

Just now, Hornsby said:

Sean Miller got fired for paying players and two years later it became legal. These are now professional athletes. I am sure some don't even bother going to class.

IU tanked its program because Sampson sent text messages to some recruits. I understand there were other issues happening within the program, but the "violation" in which we got destroyed really seems minor in 2024. 

Last night on radio he quietly acknowledged we probably have to win the big ten tournament. Then said we are preparing for that!

Lol we have never once won the btt in 30 years. We made the final once 21 years ago. He is even more delusional than I thought