Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Yep many said we didn't need love we had gunn.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Many people are idiots lol. I am a idiot. Alot of posters on here are idiots and that is ok! You know what isn't ok? The people in charge of evaluating these things being idiots is not ok! I trust 90 percent of the posters on this board more than I do Woodson and his staff at the moment. What a terrible job of evaluating talent they have done imo. We have to move on we cannot continue down this path

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

10 Leals gets you probably an MVC title and a 12 over 5 upset in the NCAA tourney.

You mean the Leal who has went scoreless in two of his last 3 games. He had two really good games but passion alone doesn't make an impact player

Pretty telling that a leak of Queen’s recruitment (assuming the rumor is true) happens within 24 hours of Woodson publicly declaring that he’s not going anywhere. Not saying it’s 100% the case, but I can see it coming off that way. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sisley come off the board here in the next couple weeks at the conclusion of their season and not to IU. This is going to get way worse before it gets better.

I’d say its more that Indiana’s season is in the tank. I think winning would have given us an edge over Maryland. We you are deciding between 2 mid programs, you just stay home.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Are u really trying to equate Woodson with a young Coach K and Smith? Really?

No.  Not at all.  I think the whole Woodson regime should be gone as well like the the other day or yesteryear almost before he ever started or should have never started to begin with.  And same goes for Buckner.  Problems galore.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Per the rumor mill, so don’t quote me or anything but —

Woodson apparently was spotted today, climbing the hump

Yeah, but he fell off before he crested it.

10 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Pretty telling that a leak of Queen’s recruitment (assuming the rumor is true) happens within 24 hours of Woodson publicly declaring that he’s not going anywhere. Not saying it’s 100% the case, but I can see it coming off that way. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sisley come off the board here in the next couple weeks at the conclusion of their season and not to IU. This is going to get way worse before it gets better.

I thought it posted yesterday that an article made it sound like Queen was going to IU if Ware was leaving. So what changed that theory 

Just now, Scotty R said:

I thought it posted yesterday that an article made it sound like Queen was going to IU if Ware was leaving. So what changed that theory 

Sounds like a bunch of speculation to me

If Woodson is coming back there has to be some stipulations on some changes that needs to be made.

1) We need to upgrade or start a front office type staff for recruiting and the portal.

2) Make a change in the coaching staff, fire Hunter. Ya and the other coach have been the better recruiters. Need to bring in an assistant with former college HC experience. Need a player developer and a good teacher of the game.

3) Fire Cliff Marshall. I am tired of seeing before and after pictures of the players. He has been here 7 years and the shooting has been horrible including free throw shooting. We also have a lot of injuries during this time as well. Not blaming him solely but it is time for a change and try something different.

4) Change the type of players you are recruiting and look at players who actually know how to play the game. Just don't recruit for athletic traits and star ratings.

5) Get a more modern approach to the game on the offensive side of court. Recruit shooters and actually get them good looks and stop putting them in the corners.

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

If Woodson is coming back there has to be some stipulations on some changes that needs to be made.

1) We need to upgrade or start a front office type staff for recruiting and the portal.

2) Make a change in the coaching staff, fire Hunter. Ya and the other coach have been the better recruiters. Need to bring in an assistant with former college HC experience. Need a player developer and a good teacher of the game.

3) Fire Cliff Marshall. I am tired of seeing before and after pictures of the players. He has been here 7 years and the shooting has been horrible including free throw shooting. We also have a lot of injuries during this time as well. Not blaming him solely but it is time for a change and try something different.

4) Change the type of players you are recruiting and look at players who actually know how to play the game. Just don't recruit for athletic traits and star ratings.

5) Get a more modern approach to the game on the offensive side of court. Recruit shooters and actually get them good looks and stop putting them in the corners.

Sounds good, but Woodson has already vetoed that proposal... he ain't leaving and he ain't changing... just wants to cash the checks.

That's what some have claimed for months

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Guess that’s why they call it a theory 

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Sounds good, but Woodson has already vetoed that proposal... he ain't leaving and he ain't changing... just wants to cash the checks.

Just saying If I were the AD and I would tell him if he wants to stay these changes needs to be made, if not you can hit the road

You have seen this in the NFL a lot where the front office tells the HC for him to keep his job you have to make changes to the staff. The Colts did this to Jim Mora and told him he had to die the DC Vic Fangio but refused. Later Mora was fired 

Let’s say Woodson has to get 6/7 portal guys…. That means this off season he’ll have to recruit about 30ish different guys… He’s going to have to put in a lot of miles for someone who doesn’t do a lot of the traveling. I think Woodson will be in for a treat come July realizing that it’s a lot of work to even field a team.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

In a way I feel sorry for Coach Woodson. His entire legacy will be destroyed if he coaches next year.  Ego and stubbornness truly ruins all. 

Do you seriously think he saves whatever legacy he has if he walks away now? IMO, he's too far down the rabbit hole to save what little of his legacy there is left untattered...