Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

As a person who fixes programs for a living this IU administration gets me so annoyed.  They’re not only corrupt but very very stupid .As a person who really likes to try to see the best in people it takes a lot for me to say that.   

What irks me the most is that even through luck they seem to botch the  good things. I was so annoyed about how we let our chance to be a premier baseball program in the big ten  just fly away. We had a new baseball stadium and good enough resources but completely botched the coaching search to succeed Coach Smith.  Could have gotten a SEC stud assistant instead we went nearby to Louisville. 

I fear that this program is also too stupid to realize the women’s team potential to be special if given more resources in NIL funds or specialized resources. Just very annoyed and frustrated. 

So "the administration" controls NIL funds?  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

That’s how I’ll remember him. I wasn’t alive when he was a player at IU. Heck, my parents were in elementary school when he was. His tenure as coach will be the only memories I have of him. Wine, cigars, and Ls. The Mike Woodson way. 

That makes me feel old because I was 10 during Woodson's last season as a player 

Just now, Scotty R said:

I would think the best of the power conference coach I can see leaving for another power team is the Iowa St. coach

Musselman or Cronin will be coaching at Louisville next year. I feel pretty confident saying that. Ohio State will hire a P5 guy, guessing Lamont Paris. 

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

Musselman or Cronin will be coaching at Louisville next year. I feel pretty confident saying that. Ohio State will hire a P5 guy, guessing Lamont Paris. 

I would be a little leery of hiring Paris this quickly. Also read in another thread they are working on an extension with him.

Trilly was saying last night that Musselman seems to be the guy. Started hearing same things from disconnected sources.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Trilly was saying last night that Musselman seems to be the guy. Started hearing same things from disconnected sources.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

I’ve heard Musselman’s buyout is a joke which probably makes him the most likely candidate. Cronin’s is huge if I recall so he most likely would have to be fired, which it seems like he’s actively trying to do, for it to make sense for Louisville. But I don’t think Louisville can afford to mess around this time after the Kenny Payne debacle.

I believe[mention=7005]Chris007[/mention] is giving us what he's hearing but sometimes promises aren't fulfilled. I really believe (assuming this keeps going bad) that this will be his last year. Why, if these people admire Mike, would they put him in the line of fire next year and not only tarnish his legacy but actually make him hated? Doesn't make since for friends to do that to him. And make no mistake it'll be nasty next year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If he wants to stick around and get fired that's on him. That will be his legacy then.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KYHoosier said:

Sean Miller. He would have UofL back in the top 25 before next season starts too with no rebuild.

He could probably do the same at IU but something tells me that he and the IU athletic director want nothing to do with each other-just a wild guess

Is anyone surprised that Woodson would be brought back no matter what? IU showed they were deeply unserious when he was hired; and the way this program has been run the last 20 years we know they wouldn't want to look mean and take the black eye of firing a program legend. It's been run so poorly it wouldn't be a shock if they were actively trying to kill it; keeping Woodson would be a step in that direction, then self report something stupid the NCAA couldn't care less about and give a self imposed death penalty, we certainly have experience with that one.