Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

This has been said several times, but can’t get over how much I’d like Josh Schertz at IU. Sitting here watching Cincy-ISU and just feel like he could mimic Nate Oats’ success at Alabama.

63% 2PT FG (leads D-1)

80% FT (3rd in D-1)

292 3PT FGs made (leads D-1)

Would take him a minute to get guys to fit his system, but the wizardry offensively reminds me so much of Oats and M*tt P*inter. Where do I sign?

I’m on the bus with you and slowly moving up to drive the bus.

11 minutes ago, hper50 said:

This has been said several times, but can’t get over how much I’d like Josh Schertz at IU. Sitting here watching Cincy-ISU and just feel like he could mimic Nate Oats’ success at Alabama.

63% 2PT FG (leads D-1)

80% FT (3rd in D-1)

292 3PT FGs made (leads D-1)

Would take him a minute to get guys to fit his system, but the wizardry offensively reminds me so much of Oats and M*tt P*inter. Where do I sign?

Not saying Schertz won't pan out, but his record at ISU is no where near what Oats did at Buffalo. Oats had that team in the Top 25, made three straight NCAAs (I believe), etc.

4 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Not saying Schertz won't pan out, but his record at ISU is no where near what Oats did at Buffalo. Oats had that team in the Top 25, made three straight NCAAs (I believe), etc.

So actually… Schertz record going into tonight’s game is exactly the same as Oats’ record through 3 years at Buffalo… 64-39.

14 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Agreed - although Oats was at UB for 4 years vs. Schertz’s 3. And (out of curiosity, dove into it) UB was 13-5 and 12-6 in conference the two years before Oats took over and likely retained players / maintained continuity as he was promoted from assistant. And Schertz had a ton of turnover from Lansing’s departure if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I was mainly saying his similar style could translate to the same success. But I totally hear you

11 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Apples and oranges. When Oats took over from Hurley Buffalo was arguably the best program in the MAC and went to the Tournament the year before. He played a huge role in building it as AHC and then elevated it further as HC, but it was a very good gig at that point. ISU was a mediocre MVC program that had been irrelevant for a decade and Schertz energized it by year 2. Not  saying who did a better job than whom, just that they weren’t comparable situations.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

For a week before dropping their first game being ranked 

Lost both games the week they were ranked. 2 starters got hurt and missed or only partially played those 2 games. Which I believe cost them the NCAAT. Losses to bad teams.