Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

45 minutes ago, TTT said:

That way Woody could sleep in every morning before having a cup of coffee at noon to decide what he is going to do for the day…:maybe contact the rest of his staff to see who is up for a round of golf.

Well, I thought that it was more of Dusty could be out recruiting since Woody doesn't like that part. Also, I will say Woody is at Assembly Hall early each morning, but he does get tired in the afternoons. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I thought that it was more of Dusty could be out recruiting since Woody doesn't like that part. Also, I will say Woody is at Assembly Hall early each morning, but he does get tired in the afternoons. 

M.W. seems to be tired consistently.

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

I’m sorry but this board is not being honest with themselves.

losing to same FGCU we lost our minds over playing close. Charlotte, UAB, Bryant. As I said yesterday, put that team in Big Ten with IU schedule they are worse than IU. 

Every possible metric you could look at would disagree with you. They are a better team than us and it’s not even close.

But yes go ahead and keep thinking you’re being the logical one.

11 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I’m sorry but this board is not being honest with themselves.

losing to same FGCU we lost our minds over playing close. Charlotte, UAB, Bryant. As I said yesterday, put that team in Big Ten with IU schedule they are worse than IU. 

I am guessing you don't believe in Kenpom, bart torvik, and the likes? 

They tell a very different story. The Big Ten, including IU, is GARBAGE this year. 

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

May can be the biggest basketball savant to ever live and still not succeed. The IU job is way more and way harder than just coaching X and Os. If it takes him 4 years to really get going which is very possible, he will have had the pressure turned up to 11 by then and could crack.

In a lot of areas in life, the smartest guy doesn’t succeed. 

One big difference here is Dusty lives in gyms. Woodson doesn't think he needs to go to HS gyms to recruit kids. He still says as early as last week that IU recruits itself to HS kids in the state of Indiana. 

Everyone can have their own dog in the hunt (yes, looking at you lol) but this is a hard to argue resume to bring to the interview no matter how you slice it and has to be competitive against anyone else’s

- Young but not too young (47)
- Successful in a traditionally difficult gig (FAU polled as worst job in conference)
- Final Four on resume (don’t care if you think it’s a fluke, bold it on top line of experience)
- Bob Knight coaching tree
- lauded for modern offense and adaptability (please)
- from Indiana, considers IU his dream job (sources say it’s not an easy sell like we want)
- extremely likeable forward facing personality (no more grumpy Archie or over the hump speeches)
- enjoys being on the road recruiting (Sisley, Mullins, Haralson isn’t a bad place to start)
- can bring at least some of a final four roster with him(Johnell Davis makes this years team really good imo)

Agreed that Goodman being all in is typically no good, but we can’t have two media anointed grand slam hires in a decade fail, can we? Can we…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, ISP said:

I am not overly concerned about Woody missing the show. 

I am overly concerned that Kenya referenced getting them over the hump. 

Kenya knows someone on that staff is going to take the fall, so he is going to fall in line and talk about getting back to work, that were young and missing X hurts

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The absence of information leaves so many possibilities:

• Out recruiting
  • Has the flu
  • Team/player/staff needs attention
  • Family emergency
  • Special guest in town

and so many, many other possibilities.

So absent information, the best conclusion is "no information so nothing to take from it."

Any of the above would be reasonable explanations and forgivable "excuses"... just not showing up with no explanation in light of the current state of the program screams "I'm not doing this".

Or maybe Woodson was meeting with Dolson to discuss his retirement party. One can only hope.

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

- enjoys being on the road recruiting (Sisley, Mullins, Haralson isn’t a bad place to start)
- can bring at least some of a final four roster with him(Johnell Davis makes this years team really good imo)

This is the part that eases a lot of my anxiety out of the gate with May. The pressure to win fast would be tremendous at IU. If he's able to add Johnell and Goldin (I think he has eligibility?) to a roster of Reneau, Mac, Trey, and Liam, you're off and running year 1. Add Sisley and Mullins for '25 and now all the sudden you have a few years of sustainability right from the start. Very intriguing.

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The absence of information leaves so many possibilities:

• Out recruiting
  • Has the flu
  • Team/player/staff needs attention
  • Family emergency
  • Special guest in town

and so many, many other possibilities.

So absent information, the best conclusion is "no information so nothing to take from it."

• Smoking cigars and drinking wine in his man cave with a few friends.

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

M.W. seems to be tired consistently.

Maybe he can schedule a daily "nap time" with his blankie... schedule Quinn to come read him a story...

Mike Woodson is basically a tired older man for what it is that it takes to be successful at the standard it takes for this job.