Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So, let me hit you with this scenario. Not that this is the only possible scenario, but it a likely one and therefore the one I'm curious about:

1. IU has another year with Woody and it goes "okay."
    • Fifth in the B1G, a tournament 9 seed, and a first round loss.
  2. High school recruiting is still completely in the dumpster. 
  3. No dream list candidate is interested. As a point of comparison, let's use this year's version of guys that aren't leaving their current jobs: Stevens, Donovan, Wright, Drew, Pearl, Otzelberger, Oats, and Beard (a non-starter proposition). All are proven big winners with massive contracts, massive buyouts, and/or are happy with their current situation. And Collins doesn't really want to leave either, and if he did Boo Buie and Langborn ain't coming with.

Now, given that likely scenario (it's what UL and UM are looking at), what do you do?

1. Stay with Woody
  2. Go get a successful mid-major coach.

We know Woody isn't the answer.  Give me #2, the successful mid-major coach.  At least there's a chance you win the lottery with number 2. 

5 minutes ago, JF87 said:

We know Woody isn't the answer.  Give me #2, the successful mid-major coach.  At least there's a chance you win the lottery with number 2. 

Agree and feel the same. My question was for @Hoosierfan2017, who doesn't want someone like May but also wants Woody gone no matter what. 

I'm wondering who is realistic and worth a seven year contract in his view.

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At the earliest Monday I was told. Mon-Wed

So the remainder of Kentucky that didn’t burn last night finds out their new coach is a mid major that just got bounced by Northwestern. Excellent 

2 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

So the remainder of Kentucky that didn’t burn last night finds out their new coach is a mid major that just got bounced by Northwestern. Excellent 

At least Louisville is getting a new coach.  We're stuck with Mediocre Mike.  I'd take Dusty over Woodson easily. 

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

At least Louisville is getting a new coach.  We're stuck with Mediocre Mike.  I'd take Dusty over Woodson easily. 

As would I. But there are sizable portions of both fan bases that think May is beneath them. 

37 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Porter Moser and Wes Miller had much better resumes and have failed recently. If he didn’t have IU ties this wouldn’t even be a thing.

What? Porter Moser had ten consecutive losing conference seasons over his tenures at Illinois St and Loyola Chicago. Got fired from Illinois St. He's been to the NCAA tourney twice in about 20 years as a head coach.

May has had one job, and he's killed it there. No he's not a sure thing. But his resume is way clear of Moser. He's going to get a big job, whether it's IU or elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

It was an 8-9 matchup. It was going to be a close game. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

So would you take Chris Collins then?

I would strongly consider it -- worth a sit down.  He'd need to check the "adaptability" boxes for me.  But given what he has done at NW is pretty interesting -- things they have NEVER done, EVER.  Don't under estimate the roster restrictions he's under, plus now the transfer issues.  He would have neither at IU.  Sure he doesn't have the track record of a Pearl.  He's kind of the in between of the mid-major flavor of the year and the zero risk successful P5 coach (who I don't think we can get).  I am not sure he would leave though -- it's home and they are treating him well.  

Everyone hope Shrews makes Notre dame really good next year or Schertz goes to SLU and turns them around year one since we get Mike for another year. If either of those happen I’d feel pretty confident they’d be good here since Shrews has already won in the big ten and that would make 3 programs Schertz has turned around. Unless Dusty just absolutely loves us more than anything I doubt he leaves Louisville if gets them rolling