Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

Can I complain about the Big Ten Tournament for a moment? 

The New system in place for the future means only the top 15 schools get in.  I get it's all logistics, but save leaving out the basement dwellers to the Ohio Valley and the Atlantic Sun; conferences where the economics requires that they leave teams out. 

Ideally the league could play multiple games at two separate venues in the first two days of the tournament, where the crappy schools are in a smaller arena, fighting to make it to the actual venue.  You'd likely get 6-8 games knocked out in one day this way. 

But for Indiana, it does provide a solution to our bad luck at the tournament; can't lose if you don't make it. 

23 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

The New system in place for the future means only the top 15 schools get in.  I get it's all logistics, but save leaving out the basement dwellers to the Ohio Valley and the Atlantic Sun; conferences where the economics requires that they leave teams out. 

Ideally the league could play multiple games at two separate venues in the first two days of the tournament, where the crappy schools are in a smaller arena, fighting to make it to the actual venue.  You'd likely get 6-8 games knocked out in one day this way. 

But for Indiana, it does provide a solution to our bad luck at the tournament; can't lose if you don't make it. 

Valid point.  In Chicago they can use the United Center, Rosemont, and/or Wintrust where DePaul now plays.  Plus you still have UIC Pavillion and Loyola's facility.  Both could probably use the money.  

Indy has several options as well, if not IU and Purdue and hour away.  

44 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Valid point.  In Chicago they can use the United Center, Rosemont, and/or Wintrust where DePaul now plays.  Plus you still have UIC Pavillion and Loyola's facility.  Both could probably use the money.  

Indy has several options as well, if not IU and Purdue and hour away.  

Indianapolis has Indiana Farmers Coliseum and the new Fishers Event Center as choices. 

Basically, a 6-10K seat venue for Days 1 and 2 to complement the rest of the tournament, because it's inevitable that the league is going to keep growing. 

1 hour ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Or have the play ins at one of the teams place.  Whoever is less bad gets to host

1 hour ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I'd probably quit IU basketball if we failed to qualify for the Big Ten tournament. But let's not forget we were undefeated in the 2020 conference tourney. 

2 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I wish they would have went further and only did the Top 12.

23 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Mark me down as a "no" on Knight getting those guys to Indiana.  Maybe Sean May, but none of the those.  The trio of Hummel, E'Twan Moore, Scott Martin were Purdue from the get go.

I very much remember their recruitment and how each were straight to PU from the get go. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I very much remember their recruitment and how each were straight to PU from the get go. 

And why was that? Because of our coach at the time? I'm just sayin from 2000-2008 there was enough talent IU missed out on that could have led to sustained success and another Natty

This post will probably get hate, but what I’ve been preaching is that in order to have a championship level program. Every detail matters. EVERY SINGLE ONE. No surprise here that it’s coming from Chris Beards program. 

https://x.com/cbbroundup/status/1752529613861921242?s=46&t=GNOEavceU8cQkgwtjpMssw

40 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

This post will probably get hate, but what I’ve been preaching is that in order to have a championship level program. Every detail matters. EVERY SINGLE ONE. No surprise here that it’s coming from Chris Beards program. 

https://x.com/cbbroundup/status/1752529613861921242?s=46&t=GNOEavceU8cQkgwtjpMssw

So we need spazzes as floor wipers now?   

57 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

And why was that? Because of our coach at the time? I'm just sayin from 2000-2008 there was enough talent IU missed out on that could have led to sustained success and another Natty

No, because they were all about PU. You obviously don’t know about their recruiting.

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

No, because they were all about PU. You obviously don’t know about their recruiting.

I think you are missing the point. They were all in on PU because IU wasn’t the same IU at that point and we didn’t focus on them like we should have.

That was a big turning point that had been brewing for years

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I think you are missing the point. They were all in on PU because IU wasn’t the same IU at that point and we didn’t focus on them like we should have.

That was a big turning point that had been brewing for years

I'm not missing the point.  Hummel, Martin, and Moore are all from Lake/Porter Counties in Northwest Indiana.  That is huge Purdue territory.  IU always had trouble getting recruits from that area even when IU was in their heyday.  Matt Nover was from Porter County and Dan Dakich, and the mistake that was Grant Gelon were from Lake County and went to IU and maybe there are some I'm missing, but that has been a region of Indiana that has always been Purdue recruit territory going back to the Keady/Knight days.  Meanwhile, players like Hummel, Martin, Moore, Glenn Robinson, the McQuay brothers, Stefanovoski, Carson Cunningham, Brandon Brantley, all immediately come to mind as guys who went to high school in Lake/Porter and went to Purdue.

In terms of IU not being the same IU at the point, you also need to keep in mind that Hummel, Martin, and Moore all committed to Purdue their Junior year of high school.  Purdue was 7-21 the year before they committed and 9-19 the year they committed.  

3 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Why can't refs call just one foul on Edey.

The have, he’s got 2 fouls called on him, lol.  He gets by with a lot more than any player in the country.

I'm watching Purdue vs Northwestern when it is tied with a minute to go in regulation and Purdue has shot 30 free throws to NW's 2.  Talking about home cooking 

IU never gets that type of home cooking 

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The have, he’s got 2 fouls called on him, lol.  He gets by with a lot more than any player in the country.

I'm watching Purdue vs Northwestern when it is tied with a minute to go in regulation and Purdue has shot 30 free throws to NW's 2.  Talking about home cooking 

IU never gets that type of home cooking 

It's ridiculous so many times to call three seconds on him every time.

Holy cow, has Hummel always been this much of a Purdue homer in his commentary or did that just start this year? I don't remember it being so bad until this year. But I can't stand to listen to him. He's not remotely objective, I don't feel like listening to the Purdue student broadcasters... which is basically what he sounds like