Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

24 minutes ago, iubb said:

When the NCAA fines him for having the audacity to question the competence of the officials, he should pay the fine in pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY !! Pennies paid into a trust, or escrow or some other type of BS to plug up anything moving forward. The in house IU administration has been working hand in hand with B1G leadership to stiffle IU for 20+ yrs.    It's time for all of their heads to be placed on a pike, in the center of towns and lite on fire!!  All of IU's struggles have been self inflicted! Its time for justice to be served, since the system won't do it officially.   HEY FRED, where are you these days? 

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

This may be a bit premature, but does anyone know what a school would have to pay to poach Cignetti after this year?

Hilariously low. $8mil after Dec 1, $6million after Dec 1, 2025, $4million after Dec 1, 2026. 

I don’t even want to talk about it, but I have wondered where his head will be if he wins 8-9 games this year. Because some big dogs will come sniffing around. 

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hilariously low. $8mil after Dec 1, $6million after Dec 1, 2025, $4million after Dec 1, 2026. 

I don’t even want to talk about it, but I have wondered where his head will be if he wins 8-9 games this year. Because some big dogs will come sniffing around. 

So basically the buy-out doesn't matter as any big-time school would be willing to pay that. And if we truly do have a great season, I think his history of turning around programs in his first year will speak for itself.

I don't understand why coaches have so much leverage in these negotiations, especially considering how many fail miserably. Pay me a gagillion dollars if you want to fire me, but I get to leave for peanuts if I want.

33 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Quite a few of my ND alum friends, after their super embarrassing NIU loss and yesterday’s win, have made snarky comments about maybe he should move further north next year. He doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to move on so quickly- like he enjoys program building, but money and winning big always talks… kinda nice knowing we’ve got a staff that is capable of taking IUFB further than it’s been in recent history. 

27 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Quite a few of my ND alum friends, after their super embarrassing NIU loss and yesterday’s win, have made snarky comments about maybe he should move further north next year. He doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to move on so quickly- like he enjoys program building, but money and winning big always talks… kinda nice knowing we’ve got a staff that is capable of taking IUFB further than it’s been in recent history. 

I worry about one of the SEC jobs if anything since he looks back pretty fondly on his time with Saban. Florida, Ole Miss if Lane leaves, Arkansas (there’s a rebuild for sure). I can’t imagine he’d want to deal with the BS that comes with being the ND head coach, if they were to be stupid enough to fire Freeman. 

But also, what rayl and Stu said ^^^

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

The guy seems to consistently say exactly what he means. So YAY!

Plus after we beat the crap out of turdue and win a bowl game I imagine that our AD and prez might be open to the idea of giving him a bonus or raise as a sign of their and the university’s appreciation.   :)) 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

The guy seems to consistently say exactly what he means. So YAY!

2 hours ago, rayl456 said:

Plus after we beat the crap out of turdue and win a bowl game I imagine that our AD and prez might be open to the idea of giving him a bonus or raise as a sign of their and the university’s appreciation.   :)) 

Agree, you pair that with meaningful staff raises, facility upgrades, and expanded NIL opportunities - I think Dolson could have a convincing pitch.

7 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Agree, you pair that with meaningful staff raises, facility upgrades, and expanded NIL opportunities - I think Dolson could have a convincing pitch.

Staff for sure. We keep clicking and both coordinators could get some HC offers

34 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Last year, correct me if I am wrong here but I noticed CTA would be leading the discussions in the huddles during timeouts, Coach Cig has done the opposite letting his coordinators do the talking and not been in the huddles for the most part.  Interesting to me

Cig is way way way more hands-off than Allen. He’s the epitome of the CEO type of college football coach. I don’t get the sense that he speaks to the team much at all, especially compared to Allen. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Cig is way way way more hands-off than Allen. He’s the epitome of the CEO type of college football coach. I don’t get the sense that he speaks to the team much at all, especially compared to Allen. 

def interesting to see them as almost polar opposites of one another.  

23 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

4 HC jobs in 13 years doesn't scream loyalty but I hope this is his last stop

1 minute ago, rcbowla said:

where it gets real interesting is next seaon.  Rouke is gone, could see some WRs gone too based on their academic level.  If he does equally as good or better next season, we may only see 2-3 years of coach Cig 

1 hour ago, rcbowla said:

I think he is a guy that really enjoys a challenge and doesn't mind ruffling a few feathers (e.g., leaving after one year). And how much loyalty to a program can you even build in a year?

If a big-time school comes knocking, he will know it may be his only shot due to his age. If we win 8+ games, I think there's a pretty good chance he's gone after this year.