Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I was told he has very low energy coaching compared to Hurley and even Hubert Davis in Braylon’s opinion. 

Someone close to the program told me that sometimes the assistants have to ask Woodson to text high school recruits. Sometimes they have to add the contact info into his phone. But he loves that portal.

this goes along with some stuff Fife shared with me.  A few more things as well but I cannot speak of those.  

Woodson offered and prioritized Mullins almost an entire year before Hurley even knew who Mullins was. Try again..

Ok, so Mullins loved IU, was an IU KID, and Woodson “offered and prioritized” him early on… and Woodson still could not close the deal. So Mullins chose Hurley over Woodson… why is that? Must be a reflection on Woodson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Ok, so Mullins loved IU, was an IU KID, and Woodson “offered and prioritized” him early on… and Woodson still could not close the deal. So Mullins chose Hurley over Woodson… why is that? Must be a reflection on Woodson.

Wasn’t Mullins one of the kids playing at sectionals when Woodson decided to stay home for wine and cigars with the fellas? 

Woody’s fans will excuse it (like they do all his actions) by saying he’ll “just buy someone in the portal”, as if in-state 5 stars choosing other schools because they don’t like Woodson is fine and dandy as long as he can use his buddies’ billions to buy another mercenary. 

I’m not even a “we should only recruit Indiana kids” guy, but a team full of mercenaries only coming for a check isn’t what I’m interested in either. 

22 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Or the kid wanted to play for the best program in the country? The two time defending national champions. Says more where Hurley and UConn are at than anything. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Wasn’t Mullins one of the kids playing at sectionals when Woodson decided to stay home for wine and cigars with the fellas? 

Woody’s fans will excuse it (like they do all his actions) by saying he’ll “just buy someone in the portal”, as if in-state 5 stars choosing other schools because they don’t like Woodson is fine and dandy as long as he can use his buddies’ billions to buy another mercenary. 

I’m not even a “we should only recruit Indiana kids” guy, but a team full of mercenaries only coming for a check isn’t what I’m interested in either. 

No that was faux outrage manufactured by Rabjohns who just had his access cut off. Made a big deal of it because Painter was there who ended up with zero of those recruits. 

And you root for the team to lose and said you aren't watching this year. Why do you care anyway?

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

No that was faux outrage manufactured by Rabjohns who just had his access cutoff. Made a big deal of it because Painter was there who ended up with zero of those recruits. 

And you root for the team to lose and said you aren't watching this year. Why do you care anyway?

Ah yes, another excuse. You mean Matt painter, the 2x defending conference champ and national finalist, still finds the time to hit the recruiting trail hard? Grandpa Mike could learn a thing or two, though that might require him missing a few naps and staying up past his bedtime. 

I’m rooting for this to be Woodson’s last season as IU’s coach. He’s a terrible coach and has an even worse personality. As long as he’s here, talented players like Mullins will continue looking elsewhere. I’m fine with whatever on court result we have to have for this to be it for Gramps.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Ah yes, another excuse. You mean Matt painter, the 2x defending conference champ and national finalist, still finds the time to hit the recruiting trail hard? Grandpa Mike could learn a thing or two, though that might require him missing a few naps and staying up past his bedtime. 

I’m rooting for this to be Woodson’s last season as IU’s coach. He’s a terrible coach and has an even worse personality. As long as he’s here, talented players like Mullins will continue looking elsewhere. I’m fine with whatever on court result we have to have for this to be it for Gramps.

Well condolences then on what should be a long, suffering season for you. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes some people who gave NIL money really wanted Mullins in Bloomington. IU offered a lot more money than UCONN, even had some alumni reach out to the family, but not sure Woodson did everything he could. I was told earlier this summer he was recruiting him hard but his hard and Hurley hard might be two different things.

I'm pretty sure I've seen more recruits name drop Brian Walsh than CMW. That's always spoken to me.

8 hours ago, AH1971 said:

No that was faux Mullins  manufactured by Rabjohns who just had his access cut off. Made a big deal of it because Painter was there who ended up with zero of those recruits. 

Mullins was one of the kids that Woodson and his wife went to watch in the sectionals BECAUSE Scott Dolson told him to do it. The photo that was posted here on BTown showed both Mr and Mrs Lazy Recruiter sitting with their arms folded and totally disinterested. One would think/hope he showed a bit more energy and interest, but clearly Woodson DID NOT do his job in this situation.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Mullins was one of the kids that Woodson and his wife went to watch in the sectionals BECAUSE Scott Dolson told him to do it. The photo what was posted here showed both Mr and Mrs Lazy Recruiter sitting with their arms folded and totally disinterested. One would think/hope he showed a bit more energy and interest, but clearly Woodson DID NOT do his job in this situation.

Link where Dolson told Woodson how to recruit? LOL

59 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Or the kid wanted to play for the best program in the country? The two time defending national champions. Says more where Hurley and UConn are at than anything. 

Naw... why wouldn't an admitted "IU kid" who has 5 star talent not want to come to IU and make IU the best program in the country

Mullins clearly sees what a train wreck Woodson is and the train wreck that IU is under Mediocre Mike.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Can I get the link to where Rabby access was cutoff? LOL

His tantrum hit piece on the staff and proclamations of the entire team leaving and Woodson "losing the locker room". Ya, Rabjohns really knows his sh*t lol

11 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Link where Dolson told Woodson how to recruit? LOL

It's widely discussed in the Fire Mediocre Mike thread back in February/March 2024.