Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

11 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Tennessee for obvious reasons, Michigan because of the offense and immediately being featured and Alabama because Oates is an offensive savant that puts up 50 threes a game. All significantly better basketball choices than IU. 

He can be a two and done at one of those 3 schools. Woody might be the worst coach in the country for his skill set, and I hope the young man makes a decision that's not based on the odometer of his car. 

Being brutally honest, who thinks Woody is going to evolve enough to do anything with Braylon Mullins game with 4 guards on roster with multiple years of eligibility left? 

He does not fit the Woody profile. Sad as that is. 

What does Tennessee for obvious reasons mean? 

How do we know Michigan will "feature" him? I would argue it would be stupid to "feature" him as a FR..  

It's wild trying to argue a kid from Indy is better off playing basketball at anywhere but Indiana. 

2 and done? I'll eat my shoe if that happens. He comes here and is two and done? We're going to be in a really good spot with the others we have.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Thank goodness super-high-end gets like Myles Rice, Kanaan Carlyle, Bryson Tucker, and Oumar Ballo don’t have the low self esteem about the state of the IU program that some fans seem to have.

Hopefully Braylon Mullins’ thoughts align more with Tucker, Rice, Carlyle, and Ballo.

And Barrel Rick! 

On 8/4/2024 at 12:48 PM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

What does Tennessee for obvious reasons mean? 

How do we know Michigan will "feature" him? I would argue it would be stupid to "feature" him as a FR..  

It's wild trying to argue a kid from Indy is better off playing basketball at anywhere but Indiana. 

2 and done? I'll eat my shoe if that happens. He comes here and is two and done? We're going to be in a really good spot with the others we have.  

You're right, he can stay at iu 4 years and never get to the NBA. Unless Woody decides to run a completely different offense. If he's still on the board, what do you think Rick Barnes is going to show him in October? Dalton Knecht usage rates and sets that were designed for his exact player profile. If Barnes was going to be there the next 3 years, that's where he should go. He'll be Knechts size in 3 years and defend. Dusty May has the 3 guard offense and the development of Johnell Davis, another player with a similar profile. Alabama would be another great place. 

I want to be wrong on this, but Woody has nothing in his play book for Mullins. Coming to IU with potentially Carlyle and Newton ahead of him with only Tamar Bates as an example of similar skills undeveloped....smh. I'll cross my fingers.

10 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

You're right, he can stay at iu 4 years and never get to the NBA. Unless Woody decides to run a completely different offense. If he's still on the board, what do you think Rick Barnes is going to show him in October? Dalton Knecht usage rates and sets that were designed for his exact player profile. If Barnes was going to be there the next 3 years, that's where he should go. He'll be Knechts size in 3 years and defend. Dusty May has the 3 guard offense and the development of Johnell Davis, another player with a similar profile. Alabama would be another great place. 

I want to be wrong on this, but Woody has nothing in his play book for Mullins. Coming to IU with potentially Carlyle and Newton ahead of him with only Tamar Bates as an example of similar skills undeveloped....smh. I'll cross my fingers.

Somewhat fair but then you have JHS and to some degree MM seemed to improve a lot by the end of the year. 

To also be fair, look at how many wide open shots our guards have had in the past.  We just didn't have the shooters or confidence to trust that offense.  With our guard additions, I am anxious to see how that works.  I think IU has the offensive set (inside-out game) but needs that guard to make it happen.  I think Mullins will fit in to that nicely.

11 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Have you seen Johnell Davis play? Fantastic college player, but his game is absolutely nothing like Braylon Mullins'. Not at all.

In fact, I cannot think of an FAU wing that May has developed whose game resembles Mullins much at all.

On 8/4/2024 at 12:59 AM, BA47591 said:

Tennessee for obvious reasons, Michigan because of the offense and immediately being featured and Alabama because Oates is an offensive savant that puts up 50 threes a game. All significantly better basketball choices than IU. 

He can be a two and done at one of those 3 schools. Woody might be the worst coach in the country for his skill set, and I hope the young man makes a decision that's not based on the odometer of his car. 

Being brutally honest, who thinks Woody is going to evolve enough to do anything with Braylon Mullins game with 4 guards on roster with multiple years of eligibility left? 

He does not fit the Woody profile. Sad as that is. 

Me thinks that if Braylon comes to IU, he will get to shoot as many 3's as he wants and they will be available.

20 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Tennessee, Michigan, and others will just wipe their guard depth clean so Braylon won't have competition? Somehow Carlyle and Newton are an issue being on the roster now? 

Rick Barnes runs BORING offense, tbh, he just got lucky Woodson had knee surgery complications last spring, and Tennessee got Knecht. Check the amount of talent he has had and can't get it done in March. He specifically has had PLENTY of offensive woes when they needed it most. Specifically the last 25 mins against Purdue... first 15 mins= 32 points, the last 25 mins= 34 points. 

Rick Barnes, who is a solid coach, a basketball offensive savant, he is not. 

Barnes has coached the college game for 37 years and has one example of how he'd use Braylon. Yeah jump all over that, I guess. 

JR Smith-- who is WAY better comp than Knecht or Davis for Mullins might have some decent things to say about Woodson... If, for some reason, someone going to bat for a coach is what is needed to secure Braylon.