Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

4 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Fair enough. 

You are in triple digits now, so you reached the magical number.

In terms of 'Barrel Rick', he's not really a guy who goes out on a limb and just makes up stuff to fire up the base.  He either is coming on with some satirical stuff but rarely goes out on a limb to say anything he actually considers to have knowledge of.  I would say that he likely has a little insight.  Doesn't mean Mullins is an IU lean, but I don't think he's just making stuff up.  

A lot of things transpire over the course of a year. As an old man, I can look at the decisions of young men and scratch my head. Then I remember that many of my own at 17 weren't what one would call "playing the long game." Moreno is a terrific kid and did what you would expect. I thought being the organizer of the group visit carried some weight, but unofficially the 3 had already been to Kentucky and I believe Braylon was offered roughly what I have in my 401k to sign. My biggest disappointment is that we don't have the environment at IU where Indiana kids still consider it their dream school. 

8 hours ago, BA47591 said:

My biggest disappointment is that we don't have the environment at IU where Indiana kids still consider it their dream school. 

Unfortunately, I think this says it all.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:51 AM, BA47591 said:

My biggest disappointment is that we don't have the environment at IU where Indiana kids still consider it their dream school. 

I’d guess that IU was the dream school for Gallo and Leal so it still happens sometimes which kind of surprises me as we have made the Elite 8 once in the past 30 years. 
Due to our 30 year relative lack of success (for a “blue blood”) I’m also surprised we still have as many young fans as we do.

42 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

The story Jeff RabJohns posted today would probably have you not think that, in my opinion. 

I think you both - taken together make a valid point:

1. The longer this goes the more doubts one should have. If he is still uncommitted in March I'd have plenty of doubts.
  2. However, it's early and there are people with local knowledge that are convinced this will not go on for a long time.

Unless he's just absolutely blown away during his visit here next month, he's going to take that UK visit at the end of October before going into decision mode. Oct/Nov commits from top rated recruits prior to signing day is pretty par for the course. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. The longer this goes the more doubts one should have. If he is still uncommitted in March I'd have plenty of doubts.
  2. However, it's early and there are people with local knowledge that are convinced this will not go on for a long time.

This came up directly under your post and blended completely into it and I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what clever meme-ery I wasn’t getting.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I’ll be shocked if the kid doesn’t end up in Bloomington.

IMG_1296.png

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He said in the article he will choose before 11/26 when his season starts. I just saying for me the longer this has been going on the less optimistic I have become 

I saw several positives in the Rabjohn story.

1.  He made an UV to IU some time back and met with Woody and Walsh.  It wasn't made public at that time per his family's wishes.  His comments were very positive about that visit.

2.  He'll be at the Wooten Camp when he was supposed to be at 'Bama and didn't sound like any plans to re-schedule with Oates.

3.  No OV's planned for Kansas or PUke.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

1.  He made an UV to IU some time back and met with Woody and Walsh.  It wasn't made public at that time per his family's wishes.  His comments were very positive about that visit.

2.  He'll be at the Wooten Camp when he was supposed to be at 'Bama and didn't sound like any plans to re-schedule with Oates.

From that I'm seeing two team race - IU and UK, with IU as the odds on favorite as things stand.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I wasn’t sure if i was allowed to post 1. So that’s why my original post was vague 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I assume that article is behind the paywall

10 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I assume that article is behind the paywall

Don't know.  Here's the link you can find out for yourself.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/braylon-mullins-greenfield-central-basketball-recruiting-indiana-uconn-kentucky-duke-michigan-tennessee-north-carolina-alabama-234901859/

I am not a huge gambler but based on previous experience watching these recruitments from afar and hearing the comments, seeing the scheduling, etc....I am putting a hundo down on not getting this kid. Who wants the action?