Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Jalen Hood-Schifino - LA Lakers

Dennis Schröder is most likely leaving LA, as he will command more money than LA can use with the TPMLE. If Jalen shows out and progresses, he could slide into a much needed backup pg role. I believe JHS will show he is a steal at 17.  

Had not seen a Chauncey Billups comp but I really like it — good size in height but also length and strength, yet still not really a get-to-the-rim and finish guy. Good enough everywhere else to be good for a long time.

Even the Eric Snow comp…he was a more limited player but spent 13 years in the league.

I like Hollinger in general but find it interesting that he’s not seeing “good midrange shooter with perfectly fine 3 and FT %s, plus size and D” as the kind of player who gets good enough at at least some thing(s) to carve out a role for a long while.

Just thinking of the last two rounds of the playoffs: aren’t there developmental paths where he ends up as any of the following types of player? Bruce Brown, Derrick White, Marcus Smart, Austin Reeves, D’Angelo Russell, “Grant Williams but he’s a guard,” someone better than Peyton Pritchard??

Just now, lillurk said:

Bruce Brown, Derrick White, Marcus Smart, Austin Reeves, D’Angelo Russell, “Grant Williams but he’s a guard,” someone better than Peyton Pritchard??

Forgot KCP, though JHS may never be the 3 point shooter he is.

Anyway, if you’re like most of the way to one of these archetypes and you’re a dependable person on and off the court, you can make a ton of money. I don’t think any of these are like everything-breaks-right star-level outcomes either. Think he could’ve played actual minutes for the Suns or Cavs THIS PLAYOFFS

Late to the game here due to a family vacation, but what a punishment to end up on LeBron's team. That narcissist squeezes coaches and players out of organizations on the regular. No one is as superior as the self proclaimed king, let it be known. No way JHS finds a way to shine in LA as long as LeBron is there. Who wants to guess my opinion and feelins on LeBron James?

4 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Late to the game here due to a family vacation, but what a punishment to end up on LeBron's team. That narcissist squeezes coaches and players out of organizations on the regular. No one is as superior as the self proclaimed king, let it be known. No way JHS finds a way to shine in LA as long as LeBron is there. Who wants to guess my opinion and feelins on LeBron James?

Yes, young players never shine when playing with LeBron. Just look at a guy like Austin Reaves. Guy was looking at a $50+ million contract but once he played with LeBron he was on his way out of the league…

oh wait.

If JHS doesn’t “shine in LA” it will be because he’s not good enough yet. 

4 hours ago, IU-DL said:

lazy take

15 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay... this is too good not to ask...

What would be a "stupid number?"

I'm thinking something like "m" or "#" would be a stupid number.  :)

Don't know that it's necessarily a "stupid number" but 69 would certainly attract a lot of attention and comment. 

21 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay... this is too good not to ask...

What would be a "stupid number?"

I'm thinking something like "m" or "#" would be a stupid number.  :)

I consider anything outside the normal 1-5, 10-15, 20-25 etc. Only others I am fine with are 6-9. 16-19, 26-29 etc just look dumb to me. I absolutely can't stand the Celtics because they retire every freaking number because some dude farted in 1965.