Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

This GD word "POTENTIAL"!  We have been winning the offseasons for how many years now because of that word?!  I hate going off of rankings because of the predetermined notions of what a player is or should be.  JG and TB have shown time and time again to not belong on the big stage.  Actually, LD should be pissed, because almost everybody wrote him off. He never had any real run, but was just assumed he sucks!

You could include the noncon against cupcakes. I believe a few were convinced Duncomb would be a solid contributor next season off a few minutes of run against the pastries this past season. Then we move into the phase of excuse making. Rinse and repeat.

19 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Really shocked we only have 1 player in here by now. Maybe this week we will see some more names pop up?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

There's also the possibility that some of the players people convinced themselves were gone, as a result of being on this board and reading the same stuff day after day, may not actually leave. 

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

There's also the possibility that some of the players people convinced themselves were gone, as a result of being on this board and reading the same stuff day after day, may not actually leave. 

As of now, we know that Race, Kopp  and Duncomb are gone.  No reason to believe that Trayce and JHS are coming back.  Even with no one else leaving, that's three spots open for next year since we only have a 2023 class of two.  

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

As of now, we know that Race, Kopp  and Duncomb are gone.  No reason to believe that Trayce and JHS are coming back.  Even with no one else leaving, that's three spots open for next year since we only have a 2023 class of two.  

TJD has made it clear he isn't coming back so why are people thinking there is a chance that he comes back.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

?  I said there was no reason to believe he was coming back.

Didn't mean you but I have seen others mentioned it. Just thought you could just put TJD in your list of guys we know are gone.

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I believe it was mentioned that one-on-one meetings with players had not yet taken place and if true, the likely reason our portal has been quiet.

I believe that to be correct and next week to be ‘busier’.  

56 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

So, if players haven't had one-on-ones yet, I guess Woody had his chat with Duncomb some while back?

"Hey Logan -- after this semester, y'all gotta get up outta here." 

Yes this was decided in February.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Yes this was decided in February.

I’m curious, and not just with Logan, but I’m assuming these kids who transfer finish out their classes for the semester?

8 hours ago, ziggyiu said:

If they want their credits. 

Yea I figured as much but was wondering.  Some of these transfers (at all schools, not IU specific) seem to have tension between the player and coach so was curious how that went.  

Edited by 94Bulldog

21 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Yea I figured as much but was wondering.  Some of these transfers seem to have tension between the player and coach so was curious how that went.  

Pretty sure one of the rules for transfers is they must be in good academic standing, so I would assume they would have to finish out their classes.