Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

51 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We take on Kent St and Rob Senderhoff first.

Second, we get Drake and Tom Olstrom

Third, is Houston and Kelvin Sampson

Fourth, is Texas and Steve McClain AKA shooter

That's all I got so far. 

Where is the shot Dr?

Fair summary from espn, realistic concerns in our lack of Adjo and AdjD over the referenced 6

In 2013, Victor Oladipo nearly crashed the Wooden Award race when he finished one spot behind winner Trey Burke after previously failing to make the midseason list of candidates. Trayce Jackson-Davis (20.5 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 2.8 BPG) has had a similar run this year, challenging consensus favorite Zach Edey for the award. When he and projected first-round NBA draft pick Jalen Hood-Schifino (13.4 PPG) are cooking together, Indiana is difficult to stop.

But the program's recent Jekyll and Hyde act has frustrated fans. Indiana has a nonconference win over Xavier, and it swept both Purdue and Illinois. Entering the Big Ten tournament, however, the Hoosiers hadn't won back-to-back games since Valentine's Day. During that rocky 3-3 stretch, Indiana failed to finish in the top-100 nationally in adjusted offensive or defensive efficiency. 4 stars

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35806362/every-team-men-ncaa-tournament-bracket-explained-2023

Set the Wayback Machine to 3/23/2002, IU #5 seed beats Kent State #10 seed. I had been at the IU win over Duke at Rupp 2 days before. Then took family of 4 to witness IU beat Kent State. IU beat Oklahoma in the semi. Lost to Maryland in the final. What a run!  This time, IU wins the final. It's inevitable. 

27 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Set the Wayback Machine to 3/23/2002, IU #5 seed beats Kent State #10 seed. I had been at the IU win over Duke at Rupp 2 days before. Then took family of 4 to witness IU beat Kent State. IU beat Oklahoma in the semi. Lost to Maryland in the final. What a run!  This time, IU wins the final. It's inevitable. 

And they beat Kelvin Sampson (at Oklahoma) which we might get another shot at with Houston.

31 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

If we only had a Coverdale on this team

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Can't believe some of what I am reading on this thread.  Since when to we "worry" about a MAC school.    It's Kent freaking State.  If you want to be elite, crush them like the bug that they are.  :) 

I'm not "worried" about playing Kent State. I am worried about how little sleep I'll get if our last game of the season is a loss to a 13 seed that ends after midnight. 

32 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Can't believe some of what I am reading on this thread.  Since when to we "worry" about a MAC school.    It's Kent freaking State.  If you want to be elite, crush them like the bug that they are.  :) 

1) Cleveland State, which bounced us in the opening round in 1986,the year before we won the National Championship and when we were elite, says hi.

Ironically enough, you know which other team says "hi?"

2) The team that bounced us in the first round in 2001, when we elite and the year before we were the national runner-up. Our team that year had Fife, Coverdale, Hornsby, Jeffries, Newton, Moye, Odle, AND Kirk Haston!

Any idea which team that was??!!??

I hope Woody is pumping their heads full of the Talking Heads picking Kent State and gets them angry. Really need them to play with a chip on their shoulders, lets say a little of Kopp vs. Butgers, JHS at Purdue, Bates vs. MSU, Trey vs. Neb, Race vs. Mich, MR vs. OSU, and TJD @ Illinois. That should do it, I think that is 156 points for the game, that should do, lol.