Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not to be the turd in the punch bowl, but for Xavier Johnson to have not played in more than 30% of our games, we will need to play 37 games. We are guaranteed to play 33 games.

I was going to say the same. They can grant a waiver if it’s over 30% if they want, though, and it’ll be close.

Looking past my complete lack of math skills, I wonder how they calculate the game in which you got hurt. The NCAA counting X playing in either 11 or 10 games makes a pretty big difference when figuring how many postseason games we need to play for him to have played 30% of our season. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Looking past my complete lack of math skills, I wonder how they calculate the game in which you got hurt. The NCAA counting X playing in either 11 or 10 games makes a pretty big difference when figuring how many postseason games we need to play for him to have played 30% of our season. 

Pretty simple for me; he played in 11.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That's a good question. They probably count that game.

The other criterion he'll have met pretty easily which is that the injury must happen in the first 50% of the season., Iirc or maybe it's before a certain date which is like late December or early January.

Only the number of games played makes me think it might not be granted. 

“However, for purposes of this regulation, the calculation of scheduled contests or dates of competition in a particular season does not include postseason competition conducted subsequent to the completion of the institution's regular-season schedule and conference tournament.“

If I’m reading that right, nothing beyond the BTT counts, meaning he’s probably not getting below the 30% threshold. Too many bylaws for me, my head hurts so I’m bowing out. Someone pick up the tab for HoosierHoopster to dive into the NCAA bylaws and figure this out for us. 

2 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That's a good question. They probably count that game.

The other criterion he'll have met pretty easily which is that the injury must happen in the first 50% of the season., Iirc or maybe it's before a certain date which is like late December or early January.

Only the number of games played makes me think it might not be granted. 

By rule they will definitely count that game. But if he played in 11 of 36 that’d be 30.5% and I’d imagine a waiver would be reasonably likely 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

“However, for purposes of this regulation, the calculation of scheduled contests or dates of competition in a particular season does not include postseason competition conducted subsequent to the completion of the institution's regular-season schedule and conference tournament.“

If I’m reading that right, nothing beyond the BTT counts, meaning he’s probably not getting below the 30% threshold. Too many bylaws for me, my head hurts so I’m bowing out. Someone pick up the tab for HoosierHoopster to dive into the NCAA bylaws and figure this out for us. 

Well then he’s not getting below 30%.

Paging Chris Reynolds!

After tomorrow he'll have played in 35.5% of games if they count him for 11 games. 

BUT

Part of his appeal for a waiver will be that he only got to play 9 minutes of that 11th game and it shouldn't count. So with 10 of 31 regular season games, knocks him down to 32.3%. 

To make this decision when they could still use X this season, I imagine IU feels like they have some reasonable reassurance that X will get the waiver. A lot of behind the scenes conversations happen in these instances--not saying guarantees were made, but some indication X is in good shape to receive the waiver. 

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If he were going for a fifth year, I'd feel optimistic. But it just feels like someone going for a sixth year will be easier to deny. 

I think there was a player playing in his 7th college season this year. It might have been on football but there is cases that shows you can get those extra years 

Would obviously be a major and much needed pick up for next year's roster. If we can pick up 2 portal bigs and a wing/shooter, we can be competitive again. But we're going to really miss TJD, Race, Kopp... so would be great to have XJ leading in the backcourt 

We are really thin in the front court at the moment. Woodson will need to land some major talent in the portal for this roster to be top 5 in the B10, but I don't think it's unlikely. If Bates and Geronimo to take a few steps forward over the offseason, we could be dark horses IMO. Would like to see us pick up some guys who are 6'10"+ for once.  

• PG: XJ // Gunn // Gabe Cupps
  • SG: Trey // Bates // Jakai
  • SF: Portal player // Geronimo // Banks
  • PF: Reneau // Geronimo
  • C: Portal player // Portal player 

22 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

We are really thin in the front court at the moment. Woodson will need to land some major talent in the portal for this roster to be top 5 in the B10, but I don't think it's unlikely. If Bates and Geronimo to take a few steps forward over the offseason, we could be dark horses IMO. Would like to see us pick up some guys who are 6'10"+ for once.  

• PG: XJ // Gunn // Gabe Cupps
  • SG: Trey // Bates // Jakai
  • SF: Portal player // Geronimo // Banks
  • PF: Reneau // Geronimo
  • C: Portal player // Portal player 

I think Banks will be a lot higher in the rotation next year. I could see him if he improves a lot being the starting 4 with Reneau at the 5