Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2023) CG DeShawn Harris-Smith to Maryland

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

All excellent recruits on campus this week.

But for me? DeShawn Harris-Smith is my #1 guy.

Great thing is that they are high level, high character multi-year guys.

I'm just going by the guys we have and assuming that CMW is recruiting the same type of guys. I hope we get at least two years from most of our recruits, and with NIL, maybe more. I think there could be a formula for that going forward that takes advantage of the new landscape.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maryland Vs Villanova here it seems.

My impression was more Maryland vs Xavier although I can certainly see Villanova being in the mix. Maryland certainly seems to be the favored school. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And just like that, Maryland will be relevant again. Keeping the local guys could be huge for them.  

Turg recruited well for the majority of his time there. He couldn't coach worth a damn though. We will see if Willard is any better in that regard. I believe he will be, but he is not a surefire success. 

Turg recruited well for the majority of his time there. He couldn't coach worth a damn though. We will see if Willard is any better in that regard. I believe he will be, but he is not a surefire success. 

They will be serviceable under Willard. Willard makes moves. He got Isaiah Whitehead to Seton Hall. Lol. They’ve got some momentum. Let’s see if he can keep it and build on it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They will be serviceable under Willard. Willard makes moves. He got Isaiah Whitehead to Seton Hall. Lol. They’ve got some momentum. Let’s see if he can keep it and build on it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think he's a really good coach and it sure seems like he's already locked down the D.C. area.