Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

For IU’s sake this year they played the conference tournament to make the dance.  No conference tourney and IU is not dancing 

I’m glad but they still seemed irrelevant.  So why play them?

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Thankfully the Wright St game is Wednesday or tickets would be a bit tougher to get

Idk heard Wyoming fans are trying to spread the rumor down south that TSU/Corpus Christi is a football game to get non-IU fans to head north. 

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m glad but they still seemed irrelevant.  So why play them?

Money, money,  money.    Each conference has the choice to send their regular season winner to the tournament with the at-large big.    They don’t because of the money they would be missing out on if the conference tourneys didn’t have the auto-bid 

Just now, AKHoosier said:

Would the potential matchup with St. Mary's be on Thursday or Friday?

I can't find tip times anywhere.

Portland OR is Thu/Sat, the days are set not tip times or network.

Just checked the CBS/NCAA site and Tuesday games times are 6:30 * ~ 9 pm on Tru TV. 

Does anybody know if the IU radio network covers the tourney? If so, I found a great way to sync up Fisch on the call for all of us streamers. Will be glad to share if Fisch is doing the radio.

This is why I hate just using metrics to determine the selections.  If you just watch the teams there is no way Iowa St. is better than IU.  They were 7-11 in conference and lost their first conference tournament game.  I get you have to use some metrics but give me people who knows basketball and pick the best teams. We listen to some computer geeks who never played sports in their life.  Rant over.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This is why I hate just using metrics to determine the selections.  If you just watch the teams there is no way Iowa St. is better than IU.  They were 7-11 in conference and lost their first conference tournament game.  I get you have to use some metrics but give me people who knows basketball and pick the best teams. We listen to some computer geeks who never played sports in their life.  Rant over.

Indiana is actually higher than Iowa St on kenpom.