Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michael Penix is Very Good At Washington

They gave Cousins a billion dollars guaranteed and then used the #8 pick on a quarterback lmao. Just hilariously bad decision making. 

And I doubt Penix is too pleased about it either, honestly. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They gave Cousins a billion dollars guaranteed and then used the #8 pick on a quarterback lmao. Just hilariously bad decision making. 

And I doubt Penix is too pleased about it either, honestly. 

Agree. The other thing... it was stupid for ATL to take a QB R1, but if you did... why are you taking one that turns 24 next week!?!? 

JJ McCarthy was still on the board and doesn't turn 22 until January. wild. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. The other thing... it was stupid for ATL to take a QB R1, but if you did... why are you taking one that turns 24 next week!?!? 

JJ McCarthy was still on the board and doesn't turn 22 until January. wild. 

I’m not sold on McCarthy at all and think Penix is a better prospect, but agree that he made more sense given Atlanta has their qb for the next 3-4 years already. By the time Cousins is gone, McCarthy will be around the age Penix already is right now. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m not sold on McCarthy at all and think Penix is a better prospect, but agree that he made more sense given Atlanta has their qb for the next 3-4 years already. By the time Cousins is gone, McCarthy will be around the age Penix already is right now. 

I don't agree with the bold, and that's not even bringing up the injuries. JJ has legs. Penix has been awful with pressure in his face, and that is with the massive advantages that were built in for Penix (best WR core in the country, offensive system that plays to QBs, and DeBoer). 

While they may have over paid Cousins, drafting Penix isn't that bad of an idea.  Give's him a year or 2 get the NFL under his belt.  No different than Rodgers/Favre at Green Bay.  Cousins is old and damaged goods -- may not make it thru the next two seasons anyway.  My guess is they didn't think Penix would be there and when he was, it's a pick they had to make regardless of a signed FA QB.  Cousins will need to step up or shut up.   

23 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

While they may have over paid Cousins, drafting Penix isn't that bad of an idea.  Give's him a year or 2 get the NFL under his belt.  No different than Rodgers/Favre at Green Bay.  Cousins is old and damaged goods -- may not make it thru the next two seasons anyway.  My guess is they didn't think Penix would be there and when he was, it's a pick they had to make regardless of a signed FA QB.  Cousins will need to step up or shut up.   

At #8, though? 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm sure dogs in the ATL aren't too keen on the idea of drafting a black, left-handed QB named Michael.. but hey.... 

Nah, it's more that the whole Falcons organization is busted and they expect him to beat out Kirk Cousins, who just got a huge no-trade contract. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

At #8, though? 

QBs are typically picked sooner than they should be because of the desperate need to find good ones.  If the kid works out they may look like geniuses.