Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Michael Penix is Very Good At Washington

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our incredibly well versed fanbase wanted this individual benched for Tuttle last year. Hilarious 

Tuttle obviously wasn't the answer, but TBH -- before he got hurt (again), Penix was not good last season. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Tuttle obviously wasn't the answer, but TBH -- before he got hurt (again), Penix was not good last season. 

But he's still immensely better than Tuttle. Our coaches, any coaches knew that. There wasn't a time where we should have wanted Penix benched. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Our incredibly well versed fanbase wanted this individual benched for Tuttle last year. Hilarious 

He sucked last season. But it’s now clear that it was because your guy Tom Allen utter failed to put anything resembling a P5 team around him. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't think he had fully recovered yet. He tore his ACL the last weekend of November the previous season. I thought last year he looked slower and weaker than in 2020. There were a couple QB sneak attempts where he got pushed backward. It's not unusual for guys to look that way when they're less than a year removed from that injury. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

But he's still immensely better than Tuttle. Our coaches, any coaches knew that. There wasn't a time where we should have wanted Penix benched. 

Healthy Penix was a no-brainer over Tuttle. Unfortunately Penix did not appear to be physically or mentally ready to go last season.  He was a shell of his former self.

Good for him that he looks completely different (ie back to normal/healthy/not hesitant or anxious etc etc) this season. 

Michael Penix would obviously helped this year.  But with him we're still a horrible offense.  Bad receivers, bad line, no running game doesn't change just because of a quarterback.  I also have very little doubt that if Penix were still at IU that he'd be hurt.

Glad he's found somewhere he is having tremendous success.  

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Is Penix on his way back to Indiana?

This fellow has the Colts drafting him in the first round.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2023-nfl-mock-draft-big-155034758.html

Man, he's got a whole arsenal NFL traits, but #15 overall would be insane given his history. I sure hope it happens for him though.

Any spot on day 1 or day 2 for him would be excellent.

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Man, he's got a whole arsenal NFL traits, but #15 overall would be insane given his history. I sure hope it happens for him though.

Any spot on day 1 or day 2 for him would be excellent.

Remember, he hasn't made it through this season yet.