Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

Nick Sheridan Fired as OC

Rabby:  In order to make this change, IU football coach Tom Allen took a pay cut. Allen's annual salary will decrease $200,000 each year from 2022-25. Allen’s contract will still run through the 2027 season. He was scheduled to make an average of $4.9 million per year.

Osterman:  Sheridan's most recent contract runs through June 30, 2022, and pays him monthly installments of $37,500. The total remaining salary contained within comes to $712,500. So that more or less explains Allen's salary reduction.

There very well may be more changes, but I won’t be shocked if there aren’t, and believe me I know how problematic that is. He just goes way back with some of the coaches that fans are wanting canned and - again, this isn’t a good thing - that may play a factor.

This is a pretty significant first step though. The right coordinator can work with the staff that’s currently here. See: DeBoer, Kalen. 

Welp the captain obvious move has happened. How much “buy-in” have we lost from our active players. Do we have any recruiting sway leftover. Is there any point of wondering if we “right the ship”. Injuries showed how thin we were as a group. Lots of bad to fix. I can’t see it in an off season or 2. Therefore, if not, the Tom Allen experience will come to an end in 2 years and we start over.

Lol. Yeaaaa, IUFB fandom. Smirks and smiles.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Welp the captain obvious move has happened. How much “buy-in” have we lost from our active players. Do we have any recruiting sway leftover. Is there any point of wondering if we “right the ship”. Injuries showed how thin we were as a group. Lots of bad to fix. I can’t see it in an off season or 2. Therefore, if not, the Tom Allen experience will come to an end in 2 years and we start over.

Lol. Yeaaaa, IUFB fandom. Smirks and smiles.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I am hoping that we can keep Josh Hoover's commitment, will be imperative that CTA has a rock solid candidate locked up quickly.   

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not sure it's as simple as Osterman saying everybody was happy with Sheridan last year. Yes, when we were 6-1 -- everything seemed fine and dandy.

But at the same time, I remember thinking that if it weren't for what was a pretty good defense, we could've faced much more adversity. As I watched those games last year, I couldn't help but think that we had left a ton of points on the field. We had 38 against Michigan -- should've had at least 50. Scored 24 against MSU -- should've had at least 50. Scored 14 against Wisconsin -- should've had 28 or so. Scored 27 against Maryland -- shoulda had 40 or so. Many times, we seemed to do just enough. 

Just my take, however. 

I don’t disagree with this at all. I posted that more for the recommendations and “sometimes it just doesn’t work” points, but yeah there were issues offensively last year that many were vocal about. There were at least some things to build on after last year, but we regressed about as much as I’ve ever seen.