Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Belmont - Secret Scrimmage

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol. Trey Galloway probably took 10 3’s and missed 9 of them.  Kidding obviously. 

speaking of which, not a very apropos name he has.  Should have named him Slash Galloway.

on a more serious note, I’m glad we took 23 3’s and made eight. Basketball might be fun to watch again. Let it fly, boys. 

Multifaceted Waynefleek thoughtbomb!

for what it’s worth Belmont is one spot above Nebraska in Bart Torvik’s preseason rankings and the implied spread of a neutral site IU/Neb game is ~4 points. So an 11 point win is a slight over-performance, within the realm of reasonable outcomes for sure but encouraging.

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Probably exhibitions, still dont get why the way its called makes it postable or not 

All depends on each schools compliance office.  Some really treat them like secret scrimmages and don’t want to give any details and others post about them like they are closed scrimmages (which all scrimmages are) and post some video of the event like Duke did when they scrimmaged Nova 

Loaded Chicken Sandwich has shot poorly lately? No way!

;)
I've watched one of his videos he posted here. That's the best shooting sandwich I've come across

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

He could miss the start of the season but I believe he’s the only player that’s at jeopardy to miss actual games right now. 

What kind of injury does he have and is it the same one to cause him to miss the games in the Bahamas

54 minutes ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Hearing Kopp didn’t play as well. If we were missing 2 starters in Kopp and Bates, I’m even more encouraged by this.

In his last blog Kopp went back home for fall break.  He had some treatment on his ankle but when he worked out he looked pretty healthy.

1 hour ago, DWB said:

OK...OK I get it. You guys are pumped because we "won". And that is always good. I don't remember, what did we shoot from 3 in the Bahama's?

I have no doubt we will be competitive this year. I just want us to compete for the B1G title. And not settle for something less. I don't think we're thinking like that, but I don't give a damn how we compare to the last 4 years. I care how we get a B1G title.

We were 13 of 38 from distance against BC Mega, so in three exhibitions against decent competition, we are 21 of 61 (34.4%).  

And 'wanting us to compete for a Big title and 'not settle for something less'......well, if that's all you care about, then why would you care about an exhibition?  Did it count as a conference game?

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

And 'wanting us to compete for a Big title and 'not settle for something less'......well, if that's all you care about, then why would you care about an exhibition?  Did it count as a conference game?

It's called a snapshot of progress. And yes, if we don't compete for a B1G title (notice I didn't say "win a B1G title")  then we're no better off. I believe we'll be much better, but good enough? Too early to say, but everyone has there own measuring stick. Mine is just different than some others.

To each his own.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

It's called a snapshot of progress. And yes, if we don't compete for a B1G title (notice I didn't say "win a B1G title")  then we're no better off. I believe we'll be much better, but good enough? Too early to say, but everyone has there own measuring stick. Mine is just different than some others.

To each his own.

Personally, I'd suggest putting more than one unit on your measuring stick.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Personally, I'd suggest putting more than one unit on your measuring stick.

Oh...I have many. Just haven't talked about them. Too early, because I haven't seen them play a real game. But this stat was one that was shared. 

Just now, DWB said:

Oh...I have many. Just haven't talked about them. Too early, because I haven't seen them play a real game. But this stat was one that was shared. 

Just not sure why shooting 35% from three in an exhibition game is a red flag to you.  So if someone had accidentally banked a three in, we shoot a three point percentage higher than any Big Ten last year.  Would everything had been all good then?

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

for what it’s worth Belmont is one spot above Nebraska in Bart Torvik’s preseason rankings and the implied spread of a neutral site IU/Neb game is ~4 points. So an 11 point win is a slight over-performance, within the realm of reasonable outcomes for sure but encouraging.

To go along with this…Kenpom would predict IU to beat Belmont by 5. He would predict Purdue (ranked #6) to beat them by 10. So we beat them by as much as he would predict a top 5 team to beat them. I’ll take it. 

25 minutes ago, DWB said:

To each his own.

What is your definition of competing for the big ten