Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Hoosier Hysteria date set - 10/2/21

14 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

My guess is BTN+ like usual

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think it was free last year. Before that, pay via BTN+

Hoping it's free lol... I already pay like 400+/month between cable and other subs.

If CMV brings it, I'm a sucker and will end up paying lol.. 

I plan to attend

On 9/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Latest list of attendees:

• '23 Kalen Glenn - Louisville Male HS
  • '23 J. Q. Roberts - Bloomington North HS
  • '23 Joey Brown - Indpls. North Central
  • '24 Jacob Theodosiou - Western Reserve Academy (OH)

Add me to the list 

:)

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That confuses me.

Will the BtownBanners poster known as Ghost of Rick Majerus be attending, or will the actual ghost of Rick Majerus be haunting the Hall while slurping down beers and nachos?

I like to imagine that the actual ghost of Rick Majerus is just as interested in this season of IU basketball as the rest of us. 

Latest known list of attendees:

• '23 Kalen Glenn - Louisville Male HS
  • '23 J. Q. Roberts - Bloomington North HS
  • '23 Joey Brown - Indpls. North Central
  • '24 Jacob Theodosiou - Western Reserve Academy (OH)-
  • '23 Joey Hart - Linton-Stockdale
  • '23 Sam Orme - Carmel HS

I've seen a report '23 Logan Imes - Zionsville was invited but unable to attend.

I think it was free last year. Before that, pay via BTN+
Hoping it's free lol... I already pay like 400+/month between cable and other subs.
If CMV brings it, I'm a sucker and will end up paying lol.. 
Last year was the hype video they put on Facebook called hoosier hysteria. It was terrible and a major letdown. Thank God it was free or I would have been very very disappointed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IU Men's Head Coach Mike Woodson and Women's Head Coach Teri Moren will unveil their 2021-22 basketball teams to Hoosier fans Saturday, Oct. 2, at 4 p.m. at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall at Hoosier Hysteria Presented by Smithville. Doors will open at 2:30 p.m., and admittance to the season-opening event is free with open seating. Attendees are asked to bring a canned food item to donate to the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.

The event is expected to last 90 minutes and will conclude in time for Hoosier fans to be able to watch IU football's game at Penn State which kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on ABC.

2021 Hoosier Hysteria Time Announced

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Information this morning:  IU spokesperson says face coverings are required.

One thing people aren't saying is the mask mandate ends September 30 in Bloomington. Now it could be extended, or it might be done away with. Monroe County is the only county in Indiana that currently has a mask mandate. Just an FYI

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

One thing people aren't saying is the mask mandate ends September 31 in Bloomington. Now it could be extended, or it might be done away with. Monroe County is the only county in Indiana that currently has a mask mandate. Just an FYI

Is that the same day as October 1st?  Just kidding.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, coonhounds said:

Last year was the hype video they put on Facebook called hoosier hysteria. It was terrible and a major letdown. Thank God it was free or I would have been very very disappointed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That was awful.  We have players posting better content on their own. 

The IUBB twitter feed is a joke as well. At the very best. i'ts really old news. I get news faster on this site than any other. Most of the time the twitter feed is 4-5 days behind. Guess it's managed by "twits". While I enjoy the players posts, I have mixed emotions about them even being on social media with all the hate that permeates someone's every move. But, not my call.

20 hours ago, Chris007 said:

One thing people aren't saying is the mask mandate ends September 30 in Bloomington. Now it could be extended, or it might be done away with. Monroe County is the only county in Indiana that currently has a mask mandate. Just an FYI

Suspect it will be extended but IU could require masks regardless.