Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

19 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I completely stopped following basketball recruiting so I didn’t even know he played with Bronny lol. Lebron @‘d him on IG this summer so that probably explains like 99% of it. 

Same. It’s been so freeing. Nice to pop in and see a commitment from someone I’ve never heard of or seen. 

3 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Same. It’s been so freeing. Nice to pop in and see a commitment from someone I’ve never heard of or seen. 

Freeing is probably the best description for it. Also, don't follow college basketball as close as I have in years past and that is nice too.

5 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Freeing is probably the best description for it. Also, don't follow college basketball as close as I have in years past and that is nice too.

Will probably keep you sane and allow you to live as a fully formed adult. Problem is, basketball is literally my favorite thing on this planet that doesn’t share my last name. Absolutely could never quit it. So, I’m permanently stuck in arrested adolescence.

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any time we can connect Lebron in any way to the program is a huge win 

or Chris Paul (Woody? check)

or Melo (check)

or Durant (nope)

or Dame (nope)

or Steph (nope)

or DWade (wellll...that ship has sailed lol)

Basically, anytime Woody has a direct connect to an NBA mega-star that can be identified with one name/nickname, that's huge.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

or Chris Paul (Woody? check)

or Melo (check)

or Durant (nope)

or Dame (nope)

or Steph (nope)

or DWade (wellll...that ship has sailed lol)

Basically, anytime Woody has a direct connect to an NBA mega-star that can be identified with one name/nickname, that's huge.

Yep. I know we will never land Lebrons son but if we could get him to come on a visit just for the perception that would be amazing 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, yogisballin said:

Same. I used to be consumed by IUBB and recruiting. I was angry often. I was also much younger when I started to post on this site. I’m sure some winning and renewed expectations would get me back on the wagon. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Same. I used to be consumed by IUBB and recruiting. I was angry often. I was also much younger when I started to post on this site. I’m sure some winning and renewed expectations would get me back on the wagon. 

I get it. By strictly coincidence, I was on campus in the spring of '76. Great times. Lived and died with every game for years. I'm much older and more mellow with a bunch of grandkids now. I still get excited and pumped watching, but not to the extent I once did. But then again, I'm loving the beginning of the Woodson era.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:48 PM, brumdog45 said:

Link to Cupps’ stats for his freshman and sophomore seasons.

http://www.gwocsports.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=587128

This shows him at 0 minutes per game which is obviously wrong.  Is he the team's starter and primary point guard?  If so that's really impressive as an underclassman to lead a team to a title

22 minutes ago, Josh said:

This shows him at 0 minutes per game which is obviously wrong.  Is he the team's starter and primary point guard?  If so that's really impressive as an underclassman to lead a team to a title

There are 4 of his games from last year on YouTube. I’ve watched 3 of them. He starts and plays maybe 25-27 mins a game on average. He’s their PG and their initiator. But they have a lot of old school passing game concepts in their actions. So the ball finds him a lot, but he doesn’t really orchestrate much. Actually, that’s one of the reasons I really like him with Jakai Newton. He’s perfectly comfortable playing without the ball. And you’re not gonna maximize Newton without letting him play with the ball and just attacking. That being said, I imagine Cupps will become more ball dominant every year.