Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PG Gabe Cupps to INDIANA

Centerville (13-0) keeps on rollin' with a 68-36 win over Miamisburg (8-7).  Cupps had 16 pts. on 6-13 FG; 2-2 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 0 reb; 6 asst; 3 stl; 0 blk; 0 TO.

Centerville with a tough game late this afternoon on the road against St. Vincent-St. Mary (10-2).

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Game against SVSM is currently at the half with Centerville leading 23-22; Cupps 7 pts.  Game being streamed at:  

Can’t watch it until later, but another guy worth paying attention to: Sencire Harris, 6’5” ‘22 SG signed to Illinois. 

I don't know how long the YouTube will be available but at the very least try to watch the 4th Q.  Centerville led 23-22 at the half and trailed 40-35 after 3 but ended up winning 52-46.  Cupps went 6-6 FT in the 4thQ and finished with 19 pts, the games high point scorer.  I've only watched the 2nd half but he scored 12 of his 19 in the 2nd half going 8-8 FT and grabbed 5 reb.  He did not commit a TO in the second half.   His full stat line should be available in the morning.

I don't know how long the YouTube will be available but at the very least try to watch the 4th Q.  Centerville led 23-22 at the half and trailed 40-35 after 3 but ended up winning 52-46.  Cupps went 6-6 FT in the 4thQ and finished with 19 pts, the games high point scorer.  I've only watched the 2nd half but he scored 12 of his 19 in the 2nd half going 8-8 FT and grabbed 5 reb.  He did not commit a TO in the second half.   His full stat line should be available in the morning.
I loved that he didn't want to give up the ball at the end and how strong he was with it.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting contrast in FT styles.  Remember Steve Alford's very deliberate routine; Cupps gets the ball from the ref, takes 1 dribble and shoots but he makes 85% of them.

Socks, shorts, 1, 2,3, swish!

Here's Cupps' stat line for yesterday's game.  19 pts. on 4-9 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 11-12 FT; 7 reb; 5 asst; 2 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.

He's human after all --  he had a TO.  If you have watched the 4th Q of yesterday's game, take note of how calm and collected he  played in the face of some pressure defense from SVSM.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Here's Cupps' stat line for yesterday's game.  19 pts. on 4-9 FG; 0-3 on 3s; 11-12 FT; 7 reb; 5 asst; 2 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.

He's human after all --  he had a TO.  If you have watched the 4th Q of yesterday's game, take note of how calm and collected he  played in the face of some pressure defense from SVSM.

And he missed a free throw!

For shame…. ;)

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The lone TO actually helps in calculating his assist/turnover ratio.  If he never has a TO, the divisor is zero and you can't divide a number by zero because the answer is infinity.  And I'm  giving myself a headache.

giphy.gif

Another win last night for Centerville 73-46 over Beavercreek.  Cupps 6 pts. on 3-11 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 0 FT; 3 reb; 7 asst; 2 stl; 0 blk; 1 TO.

So in his last 2 games his assist/turnover ratio as been 5:1 and 7:1.  Is it too late to rescind the offer?    :farting_smiley: