Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

VO5

Player decisions

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The cause of their anger is gone, though. If they were mad about Archie being a used car salesman, Woody seems like the opposite. If he’s willing to come out in an interview and say Trayce needs to work on his right hand, I can’t imagine he’s anything but a straight shooter. 

They are fools not to give Woody a real listen to.  All the other coaches out there are pikers -- tell you what you want to hear, and how great you are.  Woodson is the only one with the credibillity to say "kid, this is what it's going to take."   

According to Rivals, he met again with Woodson today (although based on the pictures it seems like everyone did). 
His dad said the meeting was "good". I would be pretty surprised if Lander goes elsewhere, honestly. The one that worries me is Armaan, I don't have any insider info but I feel like he's taking a long look around.

I hope Armaan is back. He has so much potential. He's also my 7 year old's favorite player, so he would be pretty disappointed. Armaan, do you want to make a kid sad?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder that we have not heard a definitive answer from TJD.  He didn't jump into the  portal but still could.  He could also still make a decision to go pro trying his luck with the NBA, G-League, or overseas.  We have a pretty large contingent playing overseas so lots of feedback available on what that experience is like not necessarily just for TJD but for every man on the team.

55 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Just a reminder that we have not heard a definitive answer from TJD.  He didn't jump into the  portal but still could.  He could also still make a decision to go pro trying his luck with the NBA, G-League, or overseas.  We have a pretty large contingent playing overseas so lots of feedback available on what that experience is like not necessarily just for TJD but for every man on the team.

I expect him back but I do think he will declare but not get an agent. 

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I expect him back but I do think he will declare but not get an agent. 

I could be wrong, usually am, but didn't they pass something recently that says you can hire an agent now and still return as long as it's before the deadline to withdraw? The more I type this, the more ridiculous it sounds

1 minute ago, jbeaman9 said:

I could be wrong, usually am, but didn't they pass something recently that says you can hire an agent now and still return as long as it's before the deadline to withdraw? The more I type this, the more ridiculous it sounds

Yes, you are correct. As long as it's an agent that is recognized by the NCAA

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, you are correct. As long as it's an agent that is recognized by the NCAA

Chris, are you hearing anything about Woody giving the players in the portal a deadline to commit back to IU?

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Chris, are you hearing anything about Woody giving the players in the portal a deadline to commit back to IU?

I have not heard that but have seen others talking about that. Might not be a bad idea. Now that he has met with every player in person and talked to all parents I would say no spots are guaranteed. If the dude from Florida, Swider from Nova, Nunge, Johnson whoever wants to commit I'm taking them. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I have not heard that but have seen others talking about that. Might not be a bad idea. Now that he has met with every player in person and talked to all parents I would say no spots are guaranteed. If the dude from Florida, Swider from Nova, Nunge, Johnson whoever wants to commit I'm taking them. 

Regardless of decisions from the current players in the portal, don't we have two open slots anyway that we could fill without knowing anyone's final decision?

Regardless of decisions from the current players in the portal, don't we have two open slots anyway that we could fill without knowing anyone's final decision?

That is what I thought but Parker must have taken one of the 2 open roster spots and Logan takes Als spot. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

If not careful, some of these guys might get left out if a better option comes along.....That is where the deadline needs to be taken very seriously. Coach Woodson has done his part. He is ready to build this monster his way. Now it's up to each indecisive player. 

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

That is what I thought but Parker must have taken one of the 2 open roster spots and Logan takes Als spot. 

scholly.thumb.PNG.1169e26f17528cf86a4ae78215aae3fa.PNG

If I am reading this correctly, counting Stewart and Duncomb we still have two to fill since we did not use all 13 last year. We were one short last year and now with Al leaving, it opens two spots up.

Edited by jbeaman9

scholly.thumb.PNG.1169e26f17528cf86a4ae78215aae3fa.PNG

If I am reading this correctly, counting Stewart and Duncomb we still have two to fill since we did not use all 13 last year.

I think Brunk can still technically return though.

Yes, the reason he isn't on here is because if he returns to IU he won't count against our scholly numbers. That only happens if he transfers to another school

Thanks to those who cleared that up for me...one more question. Does everyone get an extra year? Let's say after next season Phinisee wants to play one more season. Can he?

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Thanks to those who cleared that up for me...one more question. Does everyone get an extra year? Let's say after next season Phinisee wants to play one more season. Can he?

Yes! Basically this year didn't count eligibility wise for everyone.