Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

27 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Matta didn’t fail a physical he just backed out for some reason. Drew hasn’t been reached out to because Dolson doesn’t like him. You can ask Hanner why that is.

I don’t know that any of what you wrote is true either. Nobody has publically reported that Matta accepted and then backed out.

and there is no way to know that Dolson doesn’t like Drew, that is a wild assertion. If that were true and it had anything to do with Hanner, that is absolutely crazy, it was an assistant at Baylor and it was a text and it was 10 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Matta didn’t fail a physical he just backed out for some reason. Drew hasn’t been reached out to because Dolson doesn’t like him. You can ask Hanner why that is.

Sounds about like IU. Why not talk to a coach that would be able to bring us back cause we hold a grudge.  I'm okay with Drew as well and Hanner sucked any way. 

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t know that any of what you wrote is true either. Nobody has publically reported that Matta accepted and then backed out.

and there is no way to know that Dolson doesn’t like Drew, that is a wild assertion. If that were true and it had anything to do with Hanner, that is absolutely crazy, it was an assistant at Baylor and it was a text and it was 10 years ago. 

You shouldn’t be surprised that it hasn’t been publicly reported. The media is usually wrong with coaching search information. 

The Drew stuff is pretty common knowledge. It was an assistant that Drew kept around even after those events. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Y'all really should not discount Porter Moser or Andy Enfield as viable options that we might be waiting on.

Enfield seems to have some up and down years ala Crean.  Maybe we need to be ok with that 

Porter has found a little magic recently, maybe this can continue.  Maybe it took time to build up talent and learn what works for him.  Would this formula change much moving up to IU and different prospects?  I thought I read from one the board experts that his offensive pace was at the lower end of all NCAA teams.  This does not seem to match up with what Dolson indicated he wanted unless he believes this can change

Both seem to be able to get more out of their players than what you might expect.  For sure with Porter, i dont really have the rankings for USC players but they seem to enjoy playing for him.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

QUESTION:  Which of the following will NOT be IU's next basketball coach?

1. Santa Claus
  2. Tooth Fairy
  3. Easter Bunny
  4. Brad Stevens

ANSWER:  All of the above.

I heard we offered the Easter Bunny, but he won't be available until after April 4th. looks like we are waiting again...

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

You shouldn’t be surprised that it hasn’t been publicly reported. The media is usually wrong with coaching search information. 

The Drew stuff is pretty common knowledge. It was an assistant that Drew kept around even after those events. 

It’s common knowledge that Dolson doesn’t like Drew? I don’t think that is the case. As I’ve said before, it was IU that was doing goofy things at that time, more so than Baylor and our squeaky clean administration didn’t do anything to Crean and Adidas. That movement class was sketch at best. Imagine Baylor doing dirty things to get Perea to come to Baylor and yet he came to IU, that should tell you all you need to know

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It’s common knowledge that Dolson doesn’t like Drew? I don’t think that is the case. As I’ve said before, it was IU that was doing goofy things at that time, more so than Baylor and our squeaky clean administration didn’t do anything to Crean and Adidas. That movement class was sketch at best. Imagine Baylor doing dirty things to get Perea to come to Baylor and yet he came to IU, that should tell you all you need to know

Believe what you want. It won’t be Scott Drew

Still think it'll be Chris Beard or Beilein.

We haven't heard a thing regarding Beard and in my experience with these things, it never ends up being any of the guys we hope/talk about all day. Scott told us from day 1 this thing is going to be tight lipped and I think he's doing a great job at that. "Insiders" have no freaking clue and neither does the media. 

Now that I just mentioned Beard...it won't be him either. Bring on Beilein. 

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Also, I think there is some talk that Drew had burned a lot bridges and isn't looked upon favorably within the Indiana HS/AAU community, which is unrelated to the Hanner situation

48 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

there is no public facts that Steven’s ever entertained IU at all. In fact, he has gone on to make this kind of a joke, like there was never any shred of truth to the rumors at all.

and then we have bloggers stating we offered Matta, he accepted But failed a health test and Indiana who has been mum, reaches out to refute all that.

then we have goodman saying Drew, an Indiana native and one of the hottest coaches in p5 would be interested but IU has not reached out

this has been strange to say the least

Drew pissed off the biggest AAU program in the state by threatening to deport one of their players.  I just don't see that happening.  That is nuking one of the most important bridges for an IU coach before ever setting foot on campus.

50 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

there is no public facts that Steven’s ever entertained IU at all. In fact, he has gone on to make this kind of a joke, like there was never any shred of truth to the rumors at all.

and then we have bloggers stating we offered Matta, he accepted But failed a health test and Indiana who has been mum, reaches out to refute all that.

then we have goodman saying Drew, an Indiana native and one of the hottest coaches in p5 would be interested but IU has not reached out

this has been strange to say the least

And all of this is speculation, hidden behind a shroud of secrecy by an AD playing this one incredibly close to his chest... just waiting to be surprised and thrilled in a good way.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Believe what you want. It won’t be Scott Drew

That’s not what I was discussing with you. I don’t think it will be either. It won’t be a lot of the coaches we are discussing, may be none of them

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

QUESTION:  Which of the following will NOT be IU's next basketball coach?

1. Santa Claus
  2. Tooth Fairy
  3. Easter Bunny
  4. Brad Stevens

ANSWER:  All of the above.

Personally I believe we have the inside scoop on the Easter Bunny... He will be in town here soon... 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I swear if Dolson doesn’t even talk to Scott Drew because of a recruiting grudge from a decade ago... And if he hires someone completely underwhelming instead... Drew is one of the best candidates on the market. If he’s interested then you do what it takes to get him. Period. 

Two Elite Eight's in 18 years...

Wins.. but so did CTC and Alford.

Wanted to deport our boy Hanner.

Scott was here for all of that.

He grew up in Indiana and thats his only connection. might as well as Popavich if he wants to come. He's from Indiana!