Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think so but won’t be the focal point.    Has size and can shoot the ball.    Not a physical player and if I’m remembering not that good of rebounder but if he is willing to play a role then yes he would be a good piece.    

From what I saw of his videos looked a lot like Miller Kopp.  Taller than Kopp but pretty skinny. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think so but won’t be the focal point.    Has size and can shoot the ball.    Not a physical player and if I’m remembering not that good of rebounder but if he is willing to play a role then yes he would be a good piece.    

Sounds like he'd be a good off the bench change-up for Reneau at the 4, possibly?

Johnson- Cupps

? -  Galloway

Ledlum? - Banks

Reneau- Groves?

Ware- Sparks

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Happy Tuesday of little 5 week. I've heard our town will get all kinds of visitors for the greatest college weekend and one of them might be a basketball recruit. But that has not been confirmed. 

Just wondering if there are any Ivy Leaguers of interest who might make a proclamation prior to little 5.

14 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Sounds like he'd be a good off the bench change-up for Reneau at the 4, possibly?

Johnson- Cupps

? -  Galloway

Ledlum? - Banks

Reneau- Groves?

Ware- Sparks

Groves isn't really a 4 despite his 6'9" height. Banks is more of a 4 than Groves is.

A little late to the discussion but this dichotomy was discussed in depth on a podcast I was recently listening to.

Perspective 1: If you love the institution you won't criticize
Perspective 2: You criticize because you love the institution and what it could/should be

All of us here love IU basketball but have different perspectives. Issues arise when one perspective isn't tolerant of the other. I have inside information this won't change and if it does this platform will become extremely boring.

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

who was complaining about cheaters?

But no, that isn't the only ones who complain about cheaters. I have people with As that aren't happy about fellow students who cheat. They are "getting it done" (your words) and still aren't happy. 

Who is the best, btw? Kansas and Duke? Surprisingly I don't hear much about them complaining about cheating. Odd. Wonder why? 

That was my point? I remember a few years back when Cal wasn't getting it done at the previously high level he had before and started complaining about Dook. I wonder why?

You can't control what fellow students are or aren't doing. You can control the effort you put in and the results you get. The student who understands and applies it will be much better off regardless of the grade they receive which is another conversation we could have.

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That was my point? I remember a few years back when Cal wasn't getting it done at the previously high level he had before and started complaining about Dook. I wonder why?

You can't control what fellow students are or aren't doing. You can control the effort you put in and the results you get. The student who understands and applies it will be much better off regardless of the grade they receive which is another conversation we could have.

No one complained... was the my point.  Pointing out that the sweat bomb that coaches at XU is a cheater isn't complaining.. its fact. 

Today is Tuesday in Indiana. Stating that doesn't mean I'm complaining that it isn't Wednesday. 

13 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Someone on Twitter retweeted Adam Howard’s post about all roads lead to Bloomington saying it’s about Knect. No idea if this person knows anything, but wanted to pass it along. 

E35A2FCE-705D-44E5-9871-272223195BC0.png

The guy who tweeted it is an IU student who plays saxophone in  the IU basketball pep band and Marching 100.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

The guy who tweeted it is an IU student who plays saxophone in  the IU basketball pep band and Marching 100.

....The Pep Band and Marching 100 are "fire" as my students would say. Plus the saxophone is cool!  lol

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

@Loaded Chicken Sandwich is going to be heartbroken 

probably a solid portaling here.  

My lunch review lead me to:

Adam Howard and Coach Ya sending out encouraging tweets.  And the Hoosier Hysterics seeming a bit demoralized about the whole process but also being proud of vastly increasing the NIL pot.  So, likely plenty of more NIL to offer.  Hard not to think we don't find at least 2 portal products worthy of some of it.  

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

probably a solid portaling here.  

My lunch review lead me to:

Adam Howard and Coach Ya sending out encouraging tweets.  And the Hoosier Hysterics seeming a bit demoralized about the whole process but also being proud of vastly increasing the NIL pot.  So, likely plenty of more NIL to offer.  Hard not to think we don't find at least 2 portal products worthy of some of it.  

Yeah..the way I've been reading is there is Ledlum who likely will come to IU. After that, maybe Knecht visits. Nothing else. Meh. Just don't like going into next season with only X, Galloway, Cupps, Gunn, and Newton in the backcourt. You win in March with guards. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah..the way I've been reading is there is Ledlum who likely will come to IU. After that, maybe Knecht visits. Nothing else. Meh. Just don't like going into next season with only X, Galloway, Cupps, Gunn, and Newton in the backcourt. You win in March with guards. 

We would still need a scorer.  I'd prefer Knecht.  Ryan wouldn't be a bad option but he's visiting UNC.  Other options I've seen, yuck.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

We would still need a scorer.  I'd prefer Knecht.  Ryan wouldn't be a bad option but he's visiting UNC.  Other options I've seen, yuck.

Yep. Coming into the portal season I felt like they needed to add another shooting guard, wing, and two bigs. We got 2 of the 4 so far and possible a third (Ledlum). But the #1 need IMO was a shooting guard. Ryan would be awesome but with what I've read IU is just talking to him. My question is who would be our go to scorer out of X, Ledlum (assume he commits), Malik, and Kel'el? I see Malik/Kel'el around 10-11 PPG kind of guys. X and Ledlum maybe 12-13. Again, it's April 18th, more players could leave/appear on the IU radar. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yep. Coming into the portal season I felt like they needed to add another shooting guard, wing, and two bigs. We got 2 of the 4 so far and possible a third (Ledlum). But the #1 need IMO was a shooting guard. Ryan would be awesome but with what I've read IU is just talking to him. My question is who would be our go to scorer out of X, Ledlum (assume he commits), Malik, and Kel'el? I see Malik/Kel'el around 10-11 PPG kind of guys. X and Ledlum maybe 12-13. Again, it's April 18th, more players could leave/appear on the IU radar. 

Yeah, a stud freshmen could become available late too but wouldn't plan on it.  I'd like to get Knecht, although we haven't even gotten him in campus yet, then maybe use the last ride on a 2024 freshman.