Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

27 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Mmmmm y'all talking breakfast??

Inkwell and Runcible Spoon are my go-to breakfast spots these days.  Back when I was on campus, there was a diner just a few spots to the west of Uptown, I can't remember the name.  Best biscuits and gravy in town, but they shut down.  

Also you all have me refreshing this page a little too much this morning.  Real excited to see what this team will look like next year.  

You talking about Ladyman’s Cafe back in the day? Another one I frequented was Gib & Denzils and no idea if they’re still around. Oh and, the old Hour House that became Jared’s Subway but that was typically a 2 in the morning breakfast experience. The Hour House special was 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns and toast or English muffin for $.99!

Give me Uptown for breakfast (or any meal for that matter) and Lennie’s for lunch and/or dinner - those are my long-time go tos.

Just now, eddy4iu said:

You talking about Ladyman’s Cafe back in the day? Another one I frequented was Gib & Denzils and no idea if they’re still around.

Give me Uptown for breakfast (or any meal for that matter) and Lennie’s for lunch and/or dinner - those are my long-time go tos.

Gib & Dentzil I believe turned into Wee Willies which there is only one around anymore which is in Ellettsville and owned by their son. But not the same as the originals

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Ledlum was a junior this year, so wouldn't he have 2 counting COVID?  I believe you're right on Knecht only having 1.

Yeah, looks like you are correct and I was mistaken. I thought he played 4 yrs at Harvard, but looks like he must have red-shirted in 20-21. Or did the Ivy League cancel that season due to COVID? I am so confused! 

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yeah, looks like you are correct and I was mistaken. I thought he played 4 yrs at Harvard, but looks like he must have red-shirted in 20-21. Or did the Ivy League cancel that season due to COVID? 

Ivy League didn’t play that year I believe.

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

Any level of concern scaring HS commits from committing with all the transfer portal rumblings. Not sure how in tune HS players are to the transfer portal comings and goings but these transfer hub schools can't make it easy for true freshman to gain minutes, no?

On a podcast I heard (but have not verified) that 19 of the 40 Elite 8 starters had transferred from their original school. “It is what it is” these days.

57 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Man, I’m one week too late! My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary last weekend in Bloomington! Our daughters got us a night at the Graduate on Kirkwood last Saturday night. My wife and would have gladly been super snoopers for Hoosier Nation! We’ve stayed there about 3 times now, wonderful experience. If you ever get a chance, I would highly recommend it! To top it off, IMO, the best breakfast in Bloomington is at the Uptown on Kirkwood, hands down!

Whenever I’m in town I stay at The Graduate. It’s great walking distance to any spot really, glad you enjoyed your stay in God’s Country. 

Just now, ray said:

Breakfast in Bloomington thread, or transfer portal thread? 

It's a nice twist on the pizza threads these normally evolve into when we're waiting on news.  And Stuhoo has awful taste in strombolis, for the record.

On topic... not sure when this was last posted.  Bates made it, no mention of Jordan.  

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-Basketball-Transfer-Portal-Rankings-247Sports-Top-75-Hunter-Dickinson-Kelel-Ware-Taran-Armstrong-LJ-Cryer-207923553/

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Do transfers not eat breakfast?

Rumor has it they took Ware to Runcible Spoon yesterday, and he (allegedly) committed later in the day. 

Rumor has it they took Ledlum to Uptown on Kirkwood today, and he has yet to commit (to our knowledge).

That settles it.

Runcible Spoon is the best breakfast spot in Bloomington and The Official Indiana Basketball Transfer Portal Player's Favorite Way to Start the Day. 

8 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Rumor has it they took Ware to Runcible Spoon yesterday, and he (allegedly) committed later in the day. 

Rumor has it they took Ledlum to Uptown on Kirkwood today, and he has yet to commit (to our knowledge).

That settles it.

Runcible Spoon is the best breakfast spot in Bloomington and The Official Indiana Basketball Transfer Portal Player's Favorite Way to Start the Day. 

RS is indeed the second best spot in town, behind VD because of the Paxton Taters. Uptown is cute, but meh.